Hangar 360

Thanks guys, great job :smiley:

I used Hangar 360 for the first time yesterday.
When my drone RTH it hung in the air at 2m and would not land. I had to go into the DJI app to bring it down.
Really impressed with the quality though

Strange?, thatā€™s just what happened to @sparkman999 when he done a Hanger 360 a few weeks ago !.

Wouldnā€™t it be more strange if they did different things, rather than doing the same?

Returning to home and pausing at 2m sounds like landing protection is switched off.

@SputnikTheAirDog was it windy at the landing point?
We were behind a wooden wave break at the time with a breeze coming over it I personally think that is why it didnā€™t land but Iā€™m sure I will be corrected

The conditions were quite calm

I could land it in the DJI app no problem but not with the Hangar 360 app

Iā€™ve not tried Hangar in a while but remember if controller said ā€œJoystickā€, Hangar had control of aircraft.

Switching to sport mode would give you instant control again.

During RTH Hangar should have no control of aircraft. Do you remember what was displayed on controller?

Iā€™ve had MP RTH and hover at 2 meters but thatā€™s down to fact I have landing protection turned off. Iā€™m not sure what effect this would have when using Hangar instead of GO4.

1 Like

I reckon it said Joystick then GOING HOME but not 95% sure

I really like the Hangar app
Just concerned if i have no control at 2m , what chance do i have at 91m?
Or does the Sport mode negate all that?

Sport mode should instantly cancel any 3rd party apps access.

If It started RTH however I donā€™t think Hangar would have been in control at that point.

Iā€™d check your settings and see if you have ā€œlanding protectionā€ on or off.

Returning to 2m would be normal behaviour with it disabled but you should be able to land it manually.

2 Likes

As always Callum you are there for us all
Thanks mate

1 Like

Let me know about that setting when you get a chance mate.

Iā€™m curious now.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been able to successfully share it to my Facebook and then download the image from Facebook. Has worked for a dozen panos.

My question is if you can manually upload from a drone using other pano picture taking, and then have Hangar process it as if was shot through them?

No - you can only have it uploaded to Hangarā€™s site using the Hangar app.

If you use the images on the drone, and stitch them using other software, you need to upload to the likes of Kuula.

Thatā€™s what I understand is using the Hangar app. But can I just point the app at X number of photos in the drone while connected to import the pics? Rather than starting a new 360 shot

There is no way of using Hangar in that way.

You would have to use the set of photos created using Hangar and stitch them together using software on a computer.

It can be done in Photoshop, MS ICE, and other software designed for this purpose.