Hanworth Park - Added to Parks and Recreation in London

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene - Location # 872

Land owner permission not required.

Page 7

Every Day* | Year-round | 10am to 1pm | Southern part of approx 20 acres of which only 4 acres marked out in the south east |
Sat & Sun | 1 Oct - 30 Apr | 10am - 1:30 pm | Anywhere |

*Save in the event of there being a morning rugby fixture or other activities specifically let by the Council and this is indicated by a sign placed in a conspicuous location in the ground

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 13/11/2020. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

2 Likes

Hi evilC,

Thanks for posting this. I visited it and had a word with the flying club - Hanworth Airpark Model Flying Club - who got the byelaw through Hounslow Council. So Hats off to them. Although they would like you to join the club they did point out that you don’t have to be a member to fly there.

I thought it might be useful to include where you can park. If the entry can be updated?

The car park is by the Feltham Rugby Club at what three words ///radar.scans.glad

Regards,

Greenpole

1 Like

Hi,

can you fly there or not? AirMap shows that this is the ctr zone.

Pawel

See above re Hanworth Airpark Model Flying Club

Class D, shouldn’t affect you

Thank You :blush:

1 Like

i.e. I can only fly in this area marked for model aircraft? Does this also apply to drones? Take a look at the photo I attached.

1 Like

Hello,

I’m afraid you can’t fly drones in this location without permission. I was there today and the drone wouldn’t even take off because it’s a Heathrow authorization zone. Of course you can take off and fly … but probably not legally, hmm :frowning:

Agggh the over zealous DJI zones.

Other manufacturers drones can be used here still, and modded DJI ones too :wink:

For info the park is not in a CAA restricted zone

1 Like

So I can fly in this park even though the drone software shows that it is a heathrow authorization zone? Can I unlock it myself and take off?

Yes click on unlock

1 Like

I spoke to the members of this club. Flying hours and days apply to gasoline models. Drones and electric models can be flown here at any time of the day.

Hi, just updating the link to the byelaws as they have changed location on the Houslow CC website: Open spaces byelaws | London Borough of Hounslow

I can confirm that the byelaws only exclude the flying of petrol (or combustibles) powered aircraft and not specifically drones. Therefore the timetable and zones set aside for petrol powered aircraft do not apply to drones. This applies to all parks in Hounslow.

However, RIchmond is the same BUT they have applied an overriding anti-social order across the whole borough which restricts all drone TOAL from any borough owned or adopted land (including highways, pavements and verges - so basically everywhere). Does anyone know of anything similar in Hounslow?

2 Likes

Thanks for the update @davidmcclune - and for the email too, I’ll fix the Local Authority Tool on Drone Scene over the weekend.

1 Like

I’ve flown here too @evilC :grin:

2 Likes

Is it still a good place to fly DJI mini SE?
What are the other legal areas near by?

Yes, very :slight_smile:

Zoom the map out a few notches and you’ll see a bunch of other recommended locations all within a very short distance of this one.

Can we fly it at any nearby park? I purchased my drone yesterday and quite new with the drone related legalities ?

That depends on whether there are any airspace restrictions in place for the area you want to fly in (look on Drone Scene for these, ensure you turn on the relevant layers).

It also depends on the byelaws for that area. Again, use Drone Scene for this.

If you click on the “About” page you’ll see a nice video that explains how to do these things :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply. This is helpful :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Do you need drone insurance to fly DJI mini 3 Pro in Hanworth Park. I ask because it says you do in Richmond Park even though you shouldn’t need insurance for recreational drone flying.