Harborough Rocks, Derbyshire - Sunday 16th January

After yesterday’s abject failure, today is looking like a cracking day up our neck of the woods. Anyone up for another bash at meeting up?

@Yith
@BigDog
@notveryprettyboy
@Steviegeek
(All welcome, of course, just tagging the main participants of yesterday’s thread.)

1 Like

Really want to but ran out of get out of jail cards . Got chores to do

I did think some of you may have used up your passes yesterday. :grin:

1 Like

Me and Brendan plan to be there at about 1pm.

Would of popped down minus the Nazgul as I did you trick and pinged the motor :man_facepalming:t3: hence new one needed…

But on a serious note my partners Dad is in the hospital and the Doctor has rang this morning to say he thinks he wont make it through the day.

So sorry its a no from me mate…

Well, of course.
All the best.

Well, I just got here and despite it raining its pretty busy with walkers. Another fail.

I’ll give it a few minutes but I’m probably not stopping, I’m afraid. Seems pretty pointless. :frowning:

We just arrived.

Rain has stopped. All walkers are over towards the clay pigeon shoot. Our bit is clear.

A bit of wind, but less than last time.

Too wet for my liking.

And yes, I did notice there was a clay pigeon shoot very close by. That could be fun. :grin:

I’m the end, there’s more pressing things I should be doing.

1 Like

We stayed for 2.5 hours in total got through about 10 packs. The rain stopped and didn’t come back. There were some walkers, but not too many.

I’ve got a ton of footage to edit together now.

We did manage a couple of crashes. The worst damage was to the Caddx Peanut mount. But only 3 zip ties and the shroud from the 3 pin connector powering it. That was whilst landing after a great flight.

I lost VTX and control on the hill above the place we were flying from… Brendan found the 5" quad embedded headfirst in some mud.

2 Likes

Hi Richard, whre do you fly from here?
:slightly_smiling_face:

About here:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/53%C2%B005'39.5%22N+1%C2%B038'23.4%22W/@53.0942983,-1.6404218,174m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x37b0fad226e5fc79!8m2!3d53.0943036!4d-1.6398411

1 Like

Video here: Harborough Rocks Today