Has anyone flown at Tintagel Castle, Cornwall?

If anyone finds a place - next time I am passing I will give it a go.

I develop in Devon & Cornwall - I guess I could say that I am checking out a potential site for a new housing estate :joy: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

You never have been to tintagel fantastic place drone flying is a miss because its very high not much to see up there only a steel figure of king Arthur and a hell of a climb, but good luck if you can.

I must emphasise a massive hell of a climb!

As crapflyer mentioned above there’s nothing much to see around Tintagel Castle but if you do the walk towards the left of the EH site you’ll be able to cross the physical boundaries and fly. There are plenty of space to Lee safety distance and VLOS, plus the Celtic Sea of something else, just stunning.

2 Likes

Er, there’s a bridge now. Which is well worth seeing in its own right!

A little example of what you might be able to see with a drone:

1 Like

Seems to me that this applies more to flying for commercial gain from the grounds that EH own, as long as you fly according to the CAA drone code as a Hobbiest you are ok. I would look at site on Google Earth and Google Maps and decide if there was any place that met the current Drone Code and make an informed decision, or purchase a DJI mini 2 and use that,cheers Len

Yes they started that when we were there last but still a long walk

I am travelling to Devon and Cornwall in the summer 2024 and this is on my list to fly my drone, looking for advise on TOAL sites prior to arriving would be appreciated.

@Baima we have moved your question to the existing thread covering this location.

Sorry I didn’t realise thanks, also How do upload or showcase my drone footage and what is the criteria please?

Upload your video to Vimeo.com or YouTube.com then post a link to the video in the Videos by Drone category.

I’ve posted a video in the drone video section

For anyone looking for it

No music but here’s my effort from last summer.

2 Likes

Brilliant thanks