Has everyone posted an image or video? (Poll inside)

Sorry @milkmanchris - I honestly didn’t meant to highjack your thread :frowning:

1 Like

No worries, re your castle fly 100m out to sea and all good.

1 Like

Ha Ha, I feel another “Fake News” headline coming on. “Drone attacks shipping on East Coast of Scotland”.

1 Like

Loads on google…

3 Likes

No hassle re NFZ, advisory about the park according to our own excellent Dronescene map

I had a quick play on the Litchi mission planner and you can orbit close in with no more than 200m separation from you and the aircraft so VLOS won’t be a problem. On the seaward side you can drop down with noproblems for shots - a nice latesun would be great here so an evening flight for the golden glow of the stonework - I’m getting excited now - if I travel up from Hampshire to take on this mission have you a spare room … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The saying “ those who have never made a mistake have never made anything” comes to mind :thinking:

1 Like

You may of hit the nail on the head there!
If the recent poll is anything to go by Bad weather sitting at home not being able to fly = lots of ‘grumpy old men’ :laughing:

P.S I’m 60 and more than capable of being a grumpy old man at times ask my good lady :wink:

Ditto.

1 Like

Hi Chris have you tried opening his avatar button?

Yorkshire humour

1 Like

What is the reference too?

@B0M0A0K

Brian, it was windy here today so I went virtual and flew a Broughty Ferry Castle mission for you:

3 Likes

And not a code was broken ;o)

2 Likes

Although in the virtual world I can set my own codes - I was flying around Gatwick yesterday :slight_smile: Even at full speed it takes a couple of minutes to fly the length of the runway!

3 Likes

I can see your avatar on the front page of the daily Mail tomorrow Headline Virtual Drone pilot cripples Gatwick

1 Like

I sent this very helpful photo to the director of Gatwick airport and the police (well I thought it was helpful).

4 Likes

Speaking of atrocious weather, I have spent most of the morning tending to my wife’s grave in the lashing rain and wind, it was dreadful out there, but as it’s the only day I have left before back to work, then it has to be done…

The neighbours think I’m digging the foundations for a patio…

5 Likes

Your a wicked man Brian :joy:

I’d like to say 1st that I’m a hobbyist Not PfCO etc

When I look at footage such as this my1st thought is I wonder if they had permission to do that? Maybe and I don’t profess to know the rules above 400ft (not sure sometimes I know them below) but Maybe the footage was commissioned by the Airline or the local Tourist board and the appropriate permissions Where in place

I try not to judge these things it’s not my job to do so We all know the police at times keep an eye out for Social media ‘stuff’ there’s no reason in my mind if this was a big concern to the CAA of the local country they too would have no issues following up on it

Yeah but outside the NFZ

As a side issue I’ve flown upstairs on an Emirates A380 (as a passenger, not flying my drone, as they make you check them in the hold) , amazing bit of machinery.