Have I got a Kamikaze Mavic Pro?

Hi all,

I think Mavic Pro’s were made in Japan in 1944? The first evidence of this was October last while flying in a 17 mph wind it decided to try and kill a tree, rear arm broken off!

Repaired and taken to loverly scenic area with a babbling stream and a small bridge after recording good footage it decided to fly under the bridge, it did not come out the other side - splash - 52 hours later I recovered it from 5 foot of water, mom said put it in rice! (as you know mom is always right) after 2 weeks in the rice with a new battery she fly’s!!

No more streams bridges of trees for us! Ecclesiastical help was needed so I find a church on top of a hill no trees, no bridges! what could go wrong??

I have been practicing panning around things with, move right and using the rudder to keep the target in shot, I took off from 1 mile away from the church, up and forwards go! a high level pann around the church, then one just above it, very good so now try a Japanese one looking up at the church, only one problem a loss in communications when I went behind! No panic (get you home settings) my settings are rise to 40 mt, then come home? One small problem the church is 70 mt above takeoff! so it raises 10 mt to 80 mt but the church is in the way, and the empire of the sun took over = gone!!

So where is it? I searched the ground in-between the church and takeoff, Think’s it must be on the roof!!!

I will attach a video if I can of me sourcing the roof can you spot my drone and battery??

Johhn

3 Likes

Share some Airdata ?

CHIRP are always looking for good examples of lessons learned. All submissions are kept anonymous too.

Me thinks more operator error than a rogue Drone :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

2 Likes

Hey what surly not my fault?? :rofl: :rofl: the recovery will be Monday the footage should be good if it’s there.

Editing a short search video to post later,

1 Like

I think you must have been suffering from a symptom called chicken finger I suffered with it as a shooter your brain tells your fingers to do one thing but then do something different, unfortunately, there’s no cure for it :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

spot drone

Spot it near the end but not on the main roof, plans for recovery are under way lol

Last check before rescue soon.
last check

1 Like

:crossed_fingers:

Rescue day tomorrow 6.00 am, with ladder and fishing rod! hope to be chirpy tomorow.

The Kamikaze Mavic Pro!

No doubt the vicar seeing the ladder, will think youre after the lead on the roof :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Or the copper lightening conductors, I’m going to try recording it lol, if the ladder slips away in the wind you may see me on the news!!

The Kamikaze is back home!

I lost it on the 7th of February it’s been on the church roof for 61 days, it’s condition is wet and dirty, see video of the condition.

So I washed it under the tap with a nail brush! harsh but what the hell the Mavic Pro has proven to be a tough machine. I was amazed the battery was still holding 3/4 charge it was not in the drone on the roof but close by, small damage on the left hand side and 5 blades, it’s now on the draining board I have to go out!

Joohn

https://youtube.com/shorts/PN5618RdA18?si=KyLRzy2AKNds0vRd

4 Likes

The video link is dead :wink: set to private

Sorry should work now

1 Like

About 2 hrs on the draining board then a towel off plus a bit of shaking, I wondered what would happen if I fitted the battery and fired it up, really surprised at what happened!

What if I try to fly it?? first used the controller to try to connect but no good, so hard wired it to my mini iPad tried pairing it was having a go but when I pressed the pairing button on the aircraft there was no flashing light.

Its now in the rice for a week and then???

How tough these Mavic Pro’s are?

Joohn

1 Like

They’re the OG of DJI drones for soooo many reasons :smiley:

I will never sell mine.

Ever.

.700 ftw :wink:

2 Likes

Really like that! I would not part with mine! when mine ended up at the bottom of a river for 52 hrs I brought a second one, when it hit the church roof I brought a third one. After the first incident when in high winds it tried to nock a 40 foot tree over and smashed off one of it’s arms, I fixed it for less than £20 with a secondhand guaranteed part, 52 hours under water in a river all I had was shower with it, washing it out then covered it with rice for 12 days back in action!

I looked at moving up to the mini 3’s but the price was all about the camera for me the standard camera is fine, I don’t spend hours editing? just cut out the boring and give it a title.

Fly Kamikaze Mavic Pro!

Have you thought about getting a 4th one :grin:

1 Like

Not at the moment, they were very cheep £250 guaranteed for 3 months, clean and faultless, but if this one is not serviceable I have 2 to play with lol.

1 Like