Have you lost a Mini (2) in the Otley / Askwith Area?

Many thanks.

Many thanks.

That’s very kind of you, thank you, I’m so pleased that it was found.

1 Like

Many thanks for your help today Nidge, much appreciated. Why when I reply to someone, does my reply also appear separately, I can see it being typed twice!

1 Like

Welcome to GADC Alan. Glad you got your drone back. Hope you get it back up flying again :wink::wink:

Do you mean to the right of where you are typing?
That’s just a preview of how the message will appear once posted … if you have an external link, you will see a preview of the external page there

1 Like

That’s what I meant to the right of where I was typing. I was using my laptop at the time, I’m now on my mobile.

1 Like

Its a preview of what your reply will look like for when you’re using code or uploading pictures :+1:t2:

for mobile to view the preview click this button circled in red in the below image:

2 Likes

oh and

@Alkarail, it looks as though you’re quite new here :wave:t2:

Why not nip over to the Introductions page, and say hello properly and tell us a bit about yourself. :+1:t2:

You’ve joined a fantastic club and we’d all like to Welcome you properly :grin:

Also you can drop your YouTube channel into the Member YouTube & Vimeo Channels Thread to help get you a few more subs :+1:t2: :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, does the image with the red circle appear on a mobile only, not on a laptop. I am struggling with how comments/replies work on this site. I’m not the best person to use this sort of media. I did say a little about me in my comment yesterday, thanking everyone for their help but will go to the introductions page as well. Cheers Alan

1 Like

Android mobile yes (assuming iOS as well), on a computer you get the preview on the right of the reply box :+1:t2:

The “Reply” buttons at the bottom right of a post reply to the author of that post.

The Blue “Reply” at the bottom of the thread is a general reply to the thread and the originator of the thread.

Having watched the video, I was thinking about how to handle that “Unable to Return Home” situation.

Wind is faster at higher altitude, which probably catches out quite a few people, so descend straight away, and you might regain control.

Then I would suggest immediately finding a landing place that is accessible and locatable, where the drone will be just out of public view, but easy to access if you know it’s location.

I would agree with @bannerman100 Frank above, and also suggest you stick it into Sports mode … get as low as you can, and try to fly it manually back to your location, or alternatively, try to spot somewhere that you will recognise, and do a controlled decent.

I have never had it happen to me, so I’m not even sure I will have the presence of mind if it did happen to follow my own advice :nerd_face:

One other point is that there is an option to “Find My Drone” … from the ‘home page’ of the fly app, select at the bottom of the screen, and you will see the option there

I believe this records the last location that the drone sent back, so can be helpful.

Of course there is the burning question…does it still work ? ( after drying out of course :wink: )

1 Like