Have you lost a Mini (2) in the Otley / Askwith Area?

Has any member here lost a Mini / Mini2 in the Otley / Askwith area? A local has found one in one of his fields. It has the Flyer ID on it so you would need to be able to recite this to prove it’s yours.

6 Likes

Hope the owner is found - isn’t there a way to contact them with the Flyer ID via the CAA ?

( Mine have FlyerID on one side, mobile number on the other )

2 Likes

That’ll be @clinkadink’s … that really windy day, breaking the speed limit, in Wiltshire …

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Doesn’t look badly enough damaged to have crashed at 102.8mph though!!!

2 Likes

It’s very boggy up that way, tho?

1 Like

Is there an identification file on the memory card? Some people save a text file with their contact details.

3 Likes

That’s a good shout Paul!!! I never thought of doing that before, dead simple and easy. Think I might ask for that to be included in the newcomers section @clinkadink

1 Like

We think we have found the owner. The person who found the drone has confirmed that the place where it was found correlates with the video showing its last known location. There’s a lesson for everyone, don’t fly a Mini2 from the top of the Cow and Calf on Ilkley Moor (Ba Tat)

4 Likes

That’s great news if it is him.
He seems to be a conscientious pilot, that probably isn’t a member here, so doesn’t know what to do if your drone is being blown away!
Is someone reaching out to him? I cant see any messages in the comments that the drone has been found?

1 Like

@Nidge is on the case :smiley:

2 Likes

Update

The Drone and the owner are now beating a path to each other as I type this. So for once we have a happy drone story.

11 Likes

That’s great news … and hopefully we can get a new member too :slight_smile:
Well done all concerned

1 Like

Top job @Nidge :clap:t2:

4 Likes

Hi all, I was the unfortunate owner of the lost drone and would like to thank everyone for their help in tracking me down. I live in the East Midlands and whilst visiting my friend in Yorkshire, went to Ilkley Moor to get some aerial footage for my You Tube channel. One minute all was well and then suddenly, the drone was gone and out of control. Nothing like this has happened before. I have just joined the club and wish you all well. Many thanks Alan

17 Likes

Welcome to GADC. :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to the Group, 2 mile away :man_facepalming: Glad your getting reunited with the drone :+1:

It was a pleasure to be one of the small cogs in the machine that has reunited you with your drone, Alan.

3 Likes

Great to see you here Alan …. There is a wealth of information and experience here, so do ask any questions you may have

1 Like

Chapeau @Nidge
And welcome to @Alkarail

1 Like

Hi Alan @Alkarail :wave:t2:

1 Like