Hello from a noob in Buxton

Hi all
Am an absolute stone cold noob to drone flying, just ordered a Holy Stone HS720E at a very good price, my intention is to test the waters (hopefully not literally!) with this drone, and if I see it becoming a long-term interest I’ll upgrade to a DJI at some point.
I got my Flyer and Operator IDs yesterday so I think I’m legally allowed to fly now. Just have a couple of questions before I get started:
What would be your most important snippet of advice for someone who has never flown a drone before?
Can anyone recommend a good spot close to Buxton in Derbyshire for my first flights?
What’s the best way to label my drone with my operator ID?
I’m sure I will have many more daft questions!
TIA
Adam

Hi Adam @Corvus72 - you live in a lovely part of the world :slight_smile:

We had a discussion thread just recently on this very topic, feel free to add to it:

And for this one:

Check out Drone Scene:

And to answer this question:

Here’s another thread covering every possible option :slight_smile:

Keep them coming! We’ve lots of daft answers! (and some good ones too)

1 Like

I’d either write it in indelible pen, or print it on paper and sellotape it, on the battery where it goes into the body of the drone. Doing so is perfect legal and prevents other less scrupulous people abusing your operator ID if you ever post an image/video on say YouTube, by writing it on their drone and flying it illegally - you will be the one being contacted by the enforcement agencies!

Take your time, take it slow, consider other people, be patient as you learn and fly legally.

1 Like

Hi

Thanks for sharing links to the other threads, really appreciate it

Hi Adam and welcome to GADC.

All ways fly into the wind