hello from a novice, warrington cheshire

Hi all. just joined and loving the site. well done.

I would class myself as a novice drone pilot although had my mavic air 2 since june. what with the pandemic and winter very little chance of flying in last 8 months.

Rez

4 Likes

@rez65 - Welcome to GADC -enjoy the club :+1:

Thank you very much :+1:

1 Like

Hi welcome

Hello there rez65 ,i have been in Warrington since january and in that time i can say ,that i have scoped out most likely flying spots . Paddington meadows is not bad ,just by a bend in the mersey ,there is one field with a pathway trodden in to the grass ,running straight across the middle of the field , obviously you need to eye ball for dog walkers and the like ,but i have flown a wots wot biplane there and my hubsan .Also in the last couple of days i have flown at victoria park ,this is a large park but probably best avoided at weekends ,i am early retired so i have the luxury of being able to fly during the week .But the real jewel is the former royal naval airfield (Black cap) at stretton ,closed permanently in 1958 ,with 3 concrete runways still in place ,air raid shelters and a control tower , there is an electric gate by a small car-park ,i must have been lucky it was open i walked on site with my fms ez plane ,and i couldnt believe it ,i know its not good but i thought well there are no signs saying private property and if i get chucked off ,at least i only have myself to blame.I mean who doesn’t dream of flying a retract warbird off a concrete runway just the once ,as i stood opposite the shell of the control tower i closed my eyes and i could almost visualize a lancaster bomber roaring down the runway , although it was naval so it would be navy fighters based here ,but long concrete runways for fighters ,i mean you could land a 747 here . Of course i had a quick flight then scarpered home to get my Hurricane ,my luck ran out the damn gate was shut :unamused: Anyway if its not blowing a gale i shall be at victoria park tomorrow morning about 9-10 am ,hoping to get my Catalina off the grass ,and scooting the hubsan along just off the grass until i turn and cartwheel it across the ground again you are more than welcomed to join me all the best Chris

2 Likes