Hello from Aldershot, Hampshire

Hello
I’m an amateur photographer making the leap to drones. After umming and ahhing over a Mini 2 a year or so ago I decided to wait and see what came next and I have just pushed the button on a Mini 3 Pro. I am really looking forward to getting the drone and I can’t seem to watch enough YouTube content on all things drones right now. I have done my CAA test and got my Flight ID and Operator ID even though I know I don’t need them but I did it to make sure I am safe when I fly. This probably won’t be until late June given the current delivery schedule from DJI. It’s basically like waiting for Xmas when your 7!
Loving the site so far, so much to learn!
Dave

3 Likes

Hi @DavRo7310 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi David - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi David and welcome :+1:

Welcome. I envy you being able to get a Mini 3 Pro for amateur purposes! I’m sure that you’ll enjoy every minute. May I suggest that you consider the DJI cover? It is really important to protect your new investment. Please post details of your first flight when you have the drone?

Thanks, Eagleman1951, I have got the DJI cover as well because then I know I won’t need it! I will definitely post something once I have had a play and got some images.

1 Like

It’s true, you only need it when you haven’t got it! Looking forward to seeing your photos and videos.

Welcome @DavRo7310

Hello Dave

Welcome to the world of drones.

I’m Reading-based and find I have to travel a bit to find areas I really enjoy for the photography side of things but maybe that’s just a preferences thing. I’ll obviously be very interested in any areas you find and care to add to the map. Enjoy your flying and the photography. (I have just flown on one of Phantom Flight School’s Iconic London days which was absolutely brilliant)

You’ve done the right thing because you do need Operator and Flyer IDs for the Mini 3 because it has a camera.

All the best

Nigel

Not quite, no flyer ID is required.

https://register-drones.caa.co.uk/registration-requirements-for-drones

Sorry, you are right, of course. You need the Operator ID but not the Flyer - shouldn’t write on ‘auto’ should I.

Thanks

1 Like

Welcome Dave, from the Black Country.

Welcome to you. We’re all learning every day! However, it’s great to have so much knowledge and experience at hand and people willing to help without sarcasm or nasty comments. This club in my mind is far better than the groups that you get on Facebook. Enjoy your flying and take care.

Hi and welcome. Great advice on here.
Dont forget to display your Op ID on your Mini 3 when you get it. :+1:t2:

Thank you, I have got a label printer so that I can put the Op ID on the drone. Just waiting for the Mini 3 now. Time seems to have slowed down since I ordered it!

1 Like