Hello from Dorset

Hi everyone

I live in Dorset UK, near the border between Dorset and Somerset. I own a Mavic Air 2s and have owned others in the past. I fly drones as I am now retired and due to a disability (walking), I find that I can get some photos that I would not normally get, due to the terrain. Hope your all doing ok and are well. Looking forward to discussions and experiences from others.
Phil

1 Like

Hi @Philghost and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Welcome Phil to GADC :clap: :clap:

Hey Phil, Welcome buddy. I am in the same boat as you and totally agree about getting images you cant normally get when your disabled. I have found it a massive boost to my getting out and about as well. I am on the Dorset/Wiltshire/Somerset border.

Hi Phil - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi Phil welcome to GADC looking forward to seeing some footage you have captured :+1:

@Philghost Hi Phil welcome, I have mini 2 and I am on crutches so yes I get what you mean. Enjoy the hobby

Hi Phil, welcome from the Black Country

Thanks for the kind welcome and I look forward to your adventures with the drones and discussions.

I have had crutches for years and once in a wheelchair and have one ready if needed and I have had a few drones and love to get out when I can.

1 Like

Had Polio at 2 years old and went through a period of good health for a few years, but its catching up with me now, but as I always say, " It won’t stop me from doing the things I want to do ". Good to meet you.

@Philghost i had 6 major operation on my hip in 1 year 2021 11 week stay in hospital in traction covid rules no visitors then to top it a heart attack moved to another hospital then home for 3 weeks then back into hospital as I dislocated my hip for 2 weeks with another operation. Still on the road to recovery but getting there. Not flying to much as it has been very wind where where I am :slightly_frowning_face: hope to get out in the next few days.

1 Like

Think you have had enough of hospitals for a long time. Well I hope you manage to get some time to do some droning and hope that you heal well and hopefully are able to get about better.

1 Like

Hey phil welcome. I’m very new to this drone flying and have a grand tottal of 1 hour 13 mins of flight time under me belt (bit of northern there for ya) hoping myself that it will give me access again to places and vista’s i can no longer get to and the ability to see them from New perspectives

I am a Northerner, originally Prescot, but lives near Burnley for years and then moved to Dorset 20 years ago. I am no expert, but have flown a while and had a couple of tree bumps in the early days. Hope you enjoy your future flights and get some decent footage. Thanks for the welcome.