Hello from Dumfries & Galloway

Just got my first drone, a Holy Stone HS175D, read the rules and obtained the Flyer and Operator ID’s. Now I just need to wait for the weather to show a little mercy for my first flights.

3 Likes

Some beautiful country to fly in and capture when the weather improves. Welcome and good luck.

1 Like

Hi Andy - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi @Onanist and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Welcome Andy to GADC

Hi there. I’ve just enlisted in GA and since I’ll be a mile or so out of Port William for a week from 25 March, thought I’d check if anyone local could give me any pointers as to where - and not - to fly. Let’s hope the weather picks up. Cheers Bill Kennedy.

Hi Bill and welcome. I’m new to both the area and drones. What I have gleaned so far is that most of Luce bay is a no go area, there are a few slithers of coastline that fall out of the no fly zone though, worth looking on Drone Scene - Luce Bay. There is also sometimes a restricted area off the coastline of the Isle of Whithorn, I have undertaken my 2 maiden flights near the Loch of Elrig as it is fairly open space and close to home.

My next location is going to be the Loch of Myrton once the weather picks up.

1 Like

Lovely pic, thanks for sharing. I want to get up to the stone circle at Newton Stewart- I’ll check the regs before coming up. If not a visit to the Bladnoch Inn will be a wee bit consolation. Bill