Hello from Earley - Reading

Hi everyone, my name is Manuel and I’m new to this hobby. I’ve got a DJI mini 2 recently, and I’m loving it! I had good fun the last couple of weeks planning for locations where to shoot firework displays and going out at night flying the drone :smiley:
Then I learnt how to use the DJI app feature to Live Stream and I streamed this to my relatives back in Spain (excuse the spanish commentary :wink: ). Fireworks start at about 8’ 30" (un-edited). Enjoy!

4 Likes

Welcome Manuel. Nice work!
The milkman will be along soon to welcome you properly.

Hi Manual - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

nice work, newbie here too and i was tempted to do fireworks myself but decided i need more practice before night flying

Hi @Manuel and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Thanks Barry7.
I started night flying from my garden, gaining confidence that I would not loose the drone. Then for the fireworks, I mostly kept it on top of me, so I could see it’s blinking light. It was fun to see there were ‘more blinking lights’ around at the same time :joy:

My next night flying adventure is to go in town, and shoot markets or Xmas lights :smiley:.

Thanks!

Thanks Jhdee!

Apologies Manuel - I’ve just realised predictive text has managed to misspell your name - apologies :+1: :+1: :+1:

no worries :joy: :joy: