Hello from Essex Droner

Good evening. Hope you are all well .
Just joined . I have had a Mavic air for a couple of years and occasionally fly for pleasure and some photography.
I’m registered with CAA but not yet done the new A2cofc yet.
Has anyone done the course?
Is it hard.
Regards
Kevin.

2 Likes

Dead easy, if you go through the course (especially with UAVHUB), do the mock exam a few times, then you’ll pass no problem.
A lot of us on here have done the A2CoC with UAVHUB and I think everybody’s passed with 90% +.
Welcome by the way.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice. I will check them out.

Seem to be the most popular and so far the most succesful

They’re all 100% successful, aren’t they? :thinking:

I was :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Kev, and welcome

Whereabouts in Essex are you? Once Covid regulations allow I’ll be organising an Essex pilot fly & meet somewhere convenient for all.

Phil

2 Likes

That sounds awesome!
I’m in the Maldon area.

1 Like

Count me in please - I’m in South Woodham Ferrers

Hello neighbour!!

1 Like

Hi neighbours. I know of and have met another two Essex dronies so that five of us at least :smiley: I’m in the Rayleigh area but just inside the damn Southend Airport NFZ.

2 Likes

Come over near me post lock. It’s only up the road and some great flying here.

2 Likes

I am in Rayleigh and would also be up for a meet-up!

2 Likes

@JayForceOne - where do you fly or recommend?

1 Like

@alik Wat Tyler Park in Pitsea, Two Tree Island, Leigh, Hadleigh Castle (public land to the left) The foreshore in Leigh Old Town. I’m in Eastwood by the way.

I’m off to Wivenhoe tomorrow to get some footage of the River Colne foreshore. Any open and public space is your friend.

1 Like

Brilliant - thank you @OldSoulBoy - I was at Was Tyler last weekend and found the wrecked fishing boat. Makes for some stunning footage. Still novice so simply flew over it.

2 Likes

All of the sites @OldSoulBoy mentioned as well as Tollesbury, Creeksea, Burnham On Crouch, River Crouch at SWF, Riverside at Dartford bridge, Tilbury Star Fort. Once lock ends I’ll messaage you and we’ll get some air time.

3 Likes

Sorry not replied much at moment as on my A2 course. So much useful info to take in. I’m 50% through the course with UAVHUB.
Also received a new mini 2 which I took over to the park Friday evening and got some beautiful pictures.
Very pleased with this tiny drone.
Who mentioned Tollesbury?
It’s my village so I’m very lucky to get awesome pictures.:wink:

1 Like

Must return to Rayleigh and the surrounding areas to fly my Drone. Born and bred in Rayleigh (well Rochford Hospital first :joy: :joy:)

1 Like

I was born there in 19** :smiley: Now live in Eastwood

1 Like