Hello from glasgow

Hi new member , got myself an Mavic air .
Never had drone before and using it for my new passion , hillwalking and also for my holiday trips.
Looking forward to getting help and meeting all of you.

6 Likes

Welcome chap, lots of good people on here. I am over in Livingston and I have a Mavic 2 Pro and a Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian.

Likewise i enjoy walking and spending time with my drone.

Cheers G.

Hi Derek welcome to your daily drone fix
You will be on every day mark my words…or not

Hi @Makey and welcome to Grey Arrows, glad you could join us mate :smiley:

Welcome, and while I’m not a naval engineer the very long ships at the top of the waterway were fascinating. I’m presuming inland waters as the beam (width) to length looks all wrong, and in the high seas would risk breaking in two? Know anything about those ships?

Oh, yeah, welcome from one of the few members from the USA LOL

1 Like

Hope the weather’s good to you enjoy your new drone .I’m in Sterling if you get up this way drop me a mail all the best Phil

1 Like

Hi Makey,
Thank you for getting in touch.

Just got back from a month long holiday in Scotland.
What a dream to fly up there.
Enjoy your Mavic.

Hi Phil,
The prop protectors have just arrived.
So hoping to fit them and have my first flight soon.

Appreciate the call out!

Good to hear you will have got the safety prop kit .I use them if I’m flying inside a building . Enjoy your new hobby Phil.

1 Like

Hi Derek / @Makey, and (a belated) welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the Mavic Air … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like