Hello from Greater Manchester Post Covid-19

Hi Everyone,
recently moved to the UK before covid-19 hit, new flyer here!!

Any pilots in Lancashire that can provide any good areas for my maiden flight?

Are there any female pilots out here?

3 Likes

Hi there, Talia/@njnow02, and welcome to GADC.

Female members are few and far between, but there is one new female meber that I know is also from your part of the world.
Pinging @Mercy

:+1:

1 Like

Hey OzoneVibe,

Yes, it’s true that female pilots are few and far between as you say but its great to hear there is another lady pilot in my area!

Chat soon!

2 Likes

Hello👋 welcome to the club😀 I’m fairly new here too.

Hey HazzarUK! :wave:
Glad theres new people here as well.

1 Like

Welcome @njnow02 there are quite a few pilots in GADC in your area. I’m in Sale. Happy to help if nobody else pops up, but I’m away until next weekend.

1 Like

Hey @kvetner! Thats great, I’m in Bolton so not terribly far away.
This coming weekend isn’t great for me either but happy to fly about in two weeks time if you’re up for one as well.

1 Like

Hi Talia and welcome to GADC.

Welcome Talia @njnow02
Plenty of places around Bolton to fly.
I meet up with Jeff @sparkman999 occasionally, he is from Bolton
Will drop you a line next time we are meeting up
Chers

Hi and Welcome from Stoke

Welcome to the club Talia :handshake:

Welcome :grin:

Welcome from Chorley.
Please Add your name to the members map, us northerners are finally taking over the joint

1 Like

Rivington is the place to fly near Bolton.
I’m up for a meet up , the more the merrier @njnow02, @Mercy @kvetner, @PingSpike etc

2 Likes

Hi Talia and welcome, new-ish member here too. I’m from Bury.

I’m always on the look out for good spots too, I’ve done all the usual places-Lakes/Blackpool/Pendle Hill etc etc but always open to sugfgestions!

Hoping the weather improves soon :slight_smile:

All the best
Gary

I’m up for a meet. I tend to work early mornings till around dinner tho.

1 Like

I could potentially meet mid week in this region I cover All of Greater Manchester with work so could justify a trip :smirk:

1 Like

Evenings are all I can do at the moment.
The place we flew at the previous meet is perfect on a weekend at dawn but full of teenagers in the evening during the week.

2 Likes

Whew it’s been a while since I came on here, sorry for that been working on my masters.
Finally got my drone marked and registered and ready for a maiden flight.

Does anyone want to meet up for a flight around Angelzark/Rivington this coming weekend?
@TonyDM @Mercy

If not, any tips on where to setup?
Chat Soon!

1 Like

Wish I could come, but if I get out I’ll be treasure-hunting so no time for relaxation!

If you go to Anglezarke early (7-8am), this is a good spot that we have used previously:

I’ve also flown from somewhere around here (can’t recall the exact spot):

Watch out for low-flying planes over the reservoir, and if you go to the second spot, watch out for any cows in the field.

At Rivington I’ve parked at what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location and walked up to what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location to fly (note - take the lower of the two paths from the car park, the eastern one is a real scramble). You can also fly from near the tower (what3words /// The simplest way to talk about location) if it’s not too busy.

1 Like