Hello from Ironbridge

I’ve been a keen photographer for over 40 years, most recently covering motorsport (where drones are generally not allowed). A break from this genre has allowed me to try aerial photography for the first time and purchase my first drone (a DJI Mini Pro 4), which I aim to use to capture images from the Ironbridge Gorge, where I live and display them on my website (www.averageimages.com). This seems to be a great group and has been my first port of call for any queries, usually found in the Q&A section. Thank you to those who regularly respond.

5 Likes

Hi @AverageImages and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for Public Liability Insurance? Then look no further, we offer £5,000,000 worth of cover to our Insured Members. Details of our insurance can be found at:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene and please feel free to add locations of your own too :smiley:

Interested in becoming a member of our Club? Read about all the benefits of membership at:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our Members Map? You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! Read all the details about our Membership Benefits?

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

2 Likes

Hi John @AverageImages and welcome to GADC :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Hi @AverageImages, welcome to GADC

3 Likes

Hi there @AverageImages, welcome to GADC and hope you enjoy yourself here.

2 Likes

Hi John, great to hear you have joined the aerial photography brigade. I have been flying for around 2 years now. We have met on a number of occasions at Loton Park when you were there. I compete in the white classic mini, full mod prod. Would be good to chat next time I am there and hopefully you can give me a few tips on the Olympus M1. Enjoy your flying.

1 Like

Hi Barry, yes I remember you and your mini well. I haven’t done any motorsport photography for about 18 months, but if I’m ever back at Loton I’ll look you up.

@AverageImages Welcome John, you’ll love it here. Ironbridge is a lovely place to fly and I did a video around the bridge last year. Really enjoyed the place :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Colin. I’ll take some shots of the bridge, no doubt, but there are plenty of other areas nearby worthy of my attention. I just need the rain to stop :cloud_with_rain:

1 Like

Amen to that John.

Look fwd to seeing the fruits of your labours shared on GADC matey. :clap:

1 Like