Hello from Leeds!

Just about to take delivery of my first drone. Have ordered a DJI Mavic 2 Pro after spending a bit of time figuring out what I wanted from a drone.

Originally was planning on a Mavic Air 2, mainly for the price, until I found out annoyingly it’s not compatible with the FPV goggles which is definitely something I wanted to get involved with. So have stumped up the extra cash for the Mavic 2 Pro. Really hope I enjoy this hobby! I’m sure I’ll love it.

Used to fly R/C planes for a short while so have some flying experience and so hoping I should figure out flying a drone fairly straight forward!

Cheers all, will post up my first bit of footage when I get filming something!

welly

ps. can anyone recommend any editing software? Free or cheap ideally! To work on a Mac.

2 Likes

Hello @welly and welcome to GADC from a fellow Leeds lad, although now exiled in North Yorkshire.

Good luck with the M2P, a fine drone that many of our members have, take a look round and see some of the media they’ve shared.

If you get a minute check out our very own DroneScene for places to fly around you and the rest of the country

If you check the members map you’ll also see there are quite a few members around you too, myself included who are always up for a meet and natter, feel fee to add yourself ;o)

Any questions don’t be afraid to ask, or search the forum, but mostly enjoy your stay with us

1 Like

Hi, welcome to GADC this is a fantastic place for loads of useful information and help, the members are so helpful and friendly, you will love your mavic 2 pro I upgraded to one last weekend and it’s truly amazing. Enjoy the site and have fun.

1 Like

Cheers guys, appreciate the response! Will definitely check out Drone Scene website, it’d be good to find some places to have a practice without anyone giving me any hassle, which I hear stories about. Nice one!

Where abouts in leeds are you?

Hi Alistair and welcome to the club. Im based York. Plenty of us in the area and we meet up regular. Good choice on the Mavic 2 Pro. You won the disappointed.

1 Like

Between Armley and the city centre. I’m sure there’s a bunch of places around here I can go and have a practice.

1 Like

Cheers! Will keep an eye out in the events section then!

1 Like

Very built up, but I’m sure you’d be ok around Gotts Park or Kirkstall Abbey if you pick your time.

Pinging @Fatboy who is not far from you (Chapel Allerton) he probably your best man to ask ;o)

1 Like

Cheers! Yeah, a bit built up here. I was vaguely hoping to do a bit of a fly-through down the canal but I suppose it’s probably a bit too built up to be allowed. Maybe further out of town between Kirkstall and Rodley (just before it starts getting a bit urbanised).

1 Like

When I was a lad there was green bits between all the ‘burbs’ even out your way (and I’m by no means old)

1 Like

Hi Alistair and welcome to GADC.

1 Like

Welcome Alastair @welly
Shout out to Mick @Raider
He is out your way as well
Cracking choice of first drone.
Enjoy it

2 Likes

Your CurrysPCW order will be delivered today by Jonathan, your DPD driver, between 09:59 and 10:59.

It’s getting close!

Hi! Welcome to the amazing drone community! You made a great choice with the M2P and I’m sure you’ll have a lot of fun. Just bear in mind that when using the goggles, you need to fly with an observer who can scan the air and groundspace around you. But it’s definitely something I’m keen to explore too so I’d be interested in your feedback of use.

On the point of compatibility, I thought they were compatible with all DJI aircraft via HDMI, but wireless was limited to craft like the Mavic Pro?

1 Like

You might be right although I was looking at the DJI goggles and after scouring the web, from what I could tell they’re not compatible with the Air 2 at the moment. However as you say, maybe HDMI? I don’t know. It was enough of an excuse to go for the fancier Pro model anyway :slight_smile:

Good stuff! The Pro 2 has an amazing sensor and performs beautifully. You won’t be disappointed.

Welcome to the group, i’m very close to you
Beeston massive :facepunch:
Kirkstall abbey would have to be planned for early doors, which me and @mickydd keep trying to plan, i go up to tempsie and was at the chevin other week

1 Like

Ahh just up the road! My girlfriend is in Beeston. Yeah, Kirkstall Abbey would be great! In the meantime I need to find somewhere local, maybe Gotts Park or Armley Park, to have a bit of practice - just basic flying really. May pop there tonight.

1 Like

I do a bit of practise on the field at the back of our house :wink:

1 Like