Hello from Norfolk (another one!)

Hello everyone, I have recently found this forum, thanks for letting me join. I have enjoyed reading all your posts. I have recently upgraded to a mavic 2 from my Spark. I am in truth a bit despondent with all the new regulations in the next couple of years. Anyway I hope with the coming changes being a member here will encourage me to get flying more. Thanks once again. Simon

2 Likes

A warm welcome to GADC Simon. A great bunch of lads on here with a wealth of knowledge and experience, especially with regards to DJI Drones.

2 Likes

Hi @Simon2 and welcome to Grey Arrows :smiley:

We’ve a whole bunch of Mavic 2 owners here, it’s a cracking piece of kit.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Please feel free to add yourself to that map too :+1:t2: - How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Many thanks for your welcome and the advice, Simon

2 Likes

Welcome to GADC, Simon

1 Like

Hi Simon, from another Narful boy, based here in Norwich.
We have several members around here in Norfolk/Norwich area.
Keep in touch ,and keep your eyes open for impromptu meets, that can spring up at any time.
Where are you based?.

Hi, I am in the Acle area, will keep an eye out.

1 Like

Quite often in that area as a friend (of a friend) of mine owns a property in the middle of the halvergate marshes, just off the Acle Straight road that leads to Freethorpe (opposite the Old Stacey Arms Pub)
He has miles of open Marsh land that surrounds his property.
I have his permission to fly from off his property, when I want.
Lots of open marshland to fly over around Acle.
This Mill is just across the marshes from his pad.

That’s a great shot, very nice. Yes there is a lot of open space and a nice area too, certainly get a feel of that from your footage. Roll on some better weather but waterlogged at the moment, Swans have set up home in the flooded fields which have little ponds I noticed as I drove past the marsh road today.

1 Like

it’s a video (if you click on it) just in case you hadn’t realised it.

Yes I did watch the video, sorry got my edit of the post messed up.

1 Like