Hello from North Hampshire

Hi EveryoneJ
Just ventured into the drone world with the purchase of a Mavic 2 Pro. Had to wait about 3 weeks to get it because of supply problems but very pleased with the service at Phantom Flight School. I had my first flight last week before the rain and wind started and all went well. Looking forward to perhaps getting out tomorrow. I am a keen still photographer and bought the drone to broaden my photographic horizons but video is very new to me. A lot to learn!

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to the madhouse pull up a chair and listen the buzz
Lucky you with the new MP2 look forward to your photos and videos because you will want to video as well I I can assure you

Donā€™t be afraid to ask a question we donā€™t know everything but together we can find out and learn

1 Like

Hi @Harbrimar
Welcome to GADC ! , As Jeff has said, welcome to our ā€œMadhouseā€,
Not really !, joking aside ,we are a bunch of like minded Drone Flyers
who are based here in the UK, who love the freedom of being able to share our problems with each other, arrange ā€œMeet Upsā€ in various locations around the UK.
Most of us are ā€œGrey Haired Ole Fartsā€ (with respect to others!) with a lot of experience in all sorts of RC Flying.
Pull up a chair, ask questions to just about anything to do with Drones, and I am sure somebody will chirp in with a answer to your questions, no matter how silly you may think the problem is !.

Hello & welcome.

Welcome to the boards. Id recommend joining a local model club or arrange to go flying with someone with a drone from the boards local to yourself. Those first few flights can be a little nerve-racking solo. Whatever you decide, fly safe.

Welcome to GADC @Harbrimar. South Hampshire/ Sussex Border here.

Like you I bought my Mavic Air for the still photography aspect and I am still learning a lot about videography - but the are a lot of great people here who are more than happy to offer advice and guidance

Thanks to all for making me feel welcome and I am too ā€˜a grey haired old fartā€™ although the grey hair is fighting a losing battle! I did look into joining a model flying club but I donā€™t think there are any near me and apart from that how welcoming are they if I was to turn up with my drone? The nearest members to me (looking at the map) are @Brianb and @FIREFOX. Happy to meet up at a convenient location. Still looking around my area for suitable locations.

2 Likes

Hi @Harbrimar and welcome to Grey Arrows :+1:

As @sparkman999 said, donā€™t be afraid to ask any questions, weā€™re a very helpful bunch on here!

Ohhhhhhh I see what you did there :rofl:

There are a couple more in South Hampshire and we have talked a few times about meeting up - just need to get our act together! At this rate we could have a Hampshire group!

1 Like

Hi Brian
it would be great if we could all get together. Iā€™m fairly flexible with availability as I am now retired. Away next week but after that fairly free.
Best regards

Brian

Hi Brian (Theres a lot of Brians on here!)

I am between jobs as well at the moment which means I am flexible too. I will put something on the meet up topic thread to see what we can arrange

Brian

I think there should be The Life of Brian thread just for the hell of it :laughing:

1 Like
1 Like

Or life of Brianā€™s seeing as thereā€™s more than one

And lets not get into Highlander ā€œthere can be only oneā€

1 Like

Wasnā€™t there four Brians in the Highlander (Cullen, Wallace, Ainsley & Donlevy)? Any way, here Highlander Brian clearing snow Brian the Highlander - YouTube
Brian

Youā€™ve to much time on your hands

1 Like

Hi @Harbrimar!
Welcome to GADC.

Iā€™m based pretty much at Southampton Airport.

As per the other thread, hopefully a Hampshire meetup sometime. :+1: