Hello from Northants

Hello all,
Mavic Pro and I got an invite to join sooo here we are. I’ve been FPV flying for while now and bought my Mavic Pro 3 weeks ago. I haven’t had a chance to fly as much as I want but being grounded by the wheather has ment more time in reading and watching videos about the Mavic and playing Foza 7 enhanced. “I’ll never grow up” says her indoors :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Welcome to Grey Arrows @Njoro, great to have you on board :+1:

Have you got goggles/glasses for the Mavic? To continue the FPV with it?

Weather is crazy at the moment isn’t it :cry:

I bought the Mavic and DJI goggles, I’ve used the goggles once for quick test and then only to find out that the race edition was luanched. The goggles are amazing compared to my Fatsharks image wise, I’ve ordered the Race Edition combo to try out with other Vtx in my workshop.

1 Like

Welcome to the club, Njoro. Great to have you with us. Congrats on the new Mavic. You’re not alone in having your precious new ‘toy’ stuck in the hangar while winter weather does its worst outside. :smiley:

Welcome to the Grey Arrows Bro hope you enjoy :+1:

Thanks for the welcom gents.

Welcome to the forum fella.
Ps I was in the same boat as you. My racing edition goggles turned up today :+1:

1 Like

Mine are still in China, sooo do tell spill the beans are you happy? I can’t wait for mine…

Well I must say they look very nice in black and the red leather padding is very comfortable. I’ve not got my fpv quad yet as still looking but you have the same features as the white set but with the extra options. I’ll have more of a play today.

Sounds like you’re one happy bunny so far, what racing quad are you thinking of getting?
I have a Nighthawk Pro that hasn’t flown in a while, also I’m yet to maiden a Eflite Opterra and a Volantex Ranger EX V2. We lost our flying site to a quarry last year after being leaglly there for more than 20 years.
I see that the goggles combined with Dji Vtx on S-Bus will send telemetry to a FrSky X9D if used with the most common F.C. on the market; I just found that out last night when I found the user manual. I’m super excited now since I’ll be able to fly my fleet with one super set off goggles.

HI Mate

I’m new to flying and live in Grendon, Northants, where do you fly in the county? I’d love to fly around Pitsford and some of the quarries around

I’m in Corby, I fly across from Rockingham Speedway I have 3 fields that I have use of; having tamed the local farmer with a bottle of the best whiskey from Asda once a year. :tumbler_glass:

Pitsford has been in my sights for a while, I haven’t done a reconnaissance of the area to see how feasible it is to fly there. However you are more than welcome to join me and my buddy while you learn to fly.

1 Like

Sounds good, I’m in Grendon, near Wellingborough and have yet to find any spots to fly, unfortunately my neighbour with 40 acres did last year so I’ll have to wait for new neighbours and chat them up lol.

I might take you up on the offer of joining you for some flying sometime, thanks

I lived in Wellingborough for a while, we still own a house in Redhill Grange. Let me know whenever you are ready.
regards

1 Like