Hello from Portsmouth

Hello everyone

I’ve just joined your fantastic group as I brought my first ever drone this week (a used phantom 4) and I’m really enjoying flying it (when I can avoid the rain)

Where are people flying around the Portsmouth area ?

All the best

Mike

2 Likes

Welcome Mike. Being from oop norf I’ve no idea where you can fly but enjoy.

Welcome to the group :upside_down_face:

Thank you

That would be @OzoneVibe’s area.

Or check out https://dronescene.co.uk/

Welcome btw

1 Like

Hello and welcome from South Wales.

Hi Mike / @Fat-Cat , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own a P4 … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

I live not far away, in Eastleigh, and have flown at both Southsea and Portsdown Hill a few times … but, not so familiar with other sites in the area.
Hopefully a few of our members with better knowledge of the area will throw in some suggestions.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

Thank you so much Ozonevibe , it’s great to be here

Mike

1 Like

Hi Mike
Welcome to the club, I have only been here a short time myself but it has a great vibe everyone is so willing to help with great advise, please enjoy.

Dave

2 Likes

Welcome Mike,
I’m fairly new here myself. You will find the other members helpful and knowledgeable.
Most areas along the seafront (if you are brave enough over water yet) :grin:. Portsdown hill and Langston harbour also seem good.

Enjoy… Colin

1 Like

Hi Mike,
Welcome from Suffolk.

I hope you find some unusual places to fly!

Welcome to the group Mike hope you are finding it useful so far

Hi Mike, there are several people around the Hampshire area. I’m on Hayling and am flying in various places around the island, over the sea and, regrettably, under it! So take any advice from me with a pinch of (sea?) salt/

The weather hasn’t been kind to us recently but we may get some decent cold clear weather soon. I should really get my act together and try and find a decent place for a meet …