Hello, from South Devon

Hi, everyone.
Just recently got into the drone flying hobby with my Dji Mini 2.
At the moment just trying to find some interesting locations to fly around South Devon.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. But please bear in mind my flying skills still need some honing.

4 Likes

Hi @Pells47 - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi @Pells47 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Hi, Try Bigbury and Burgh Island. Do it whilst the tide is out so that you’re always over land. Also East Portlemouth and fly over the water to Salcombe if you want to take the risk. There are plenty of places in and near Plymouth - The Hoe, Mount Batten, Hooe Lake, Saltash Bridge, Calstock Viaduct, etc. Best of luck.

Thanks.
Will give them a try. Not enough bottle just yet about flying over water.

Be wary of restrictions to flying in certain areas on the Hoe and Citadel. I’d look at Altitude Angel or another good source, to make certain.

1 Like

Like our very own and the best, DroneScene ?

2 Likes

Thanks.
Being new to the hobby I’m trying to stay within the law but finding it quite confusing at the moment. Appreciate the advice.

Check out Good 2 Go @Pells47 - it’ll help you no end :+1:t2:

welcome :slight_smile:

Thanks.
PingSpike I`ll check it out .

Hi mate, welcome from the Black Country

Thanks Guys
Feeling welcome.

Just a small NFZ around the Citidel. The main part of the Hoe including the War Memorial, Tinside, Smeaton Tower and West Hoe look clear.

1 Like

Cheers, @Tonyd when I looked yesterday there were Notam warnings for a good deal more? Have fun, anyway!

Thanks @Tonyd .
I’m going to avoid any built up areas for time being. Sticking to the countryside