Hello from South Edinburgh

New to droning but really enjoying myself. Loving Litchi on my Mavic Air - it has taken away some of the worries I had.
Happy to meet up locally for chat, coffee or flying…
Best wishes,
Andrew

7 Likes

Hi Andrew / @facherty , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the Mavic Air … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

:wave: from the New Town.

1 Like

Welcome and I’d be interested to hear of your experience with Litchi and the Air as I have an Air but never really convinced by Litchi.

What are the pros and cons (if any)?

Take a look through : Litchi chit-chat … What’s Litchi? Should I use Litchi?

There’s some info in that.

Also, try doing this manually - smoothly : Drax Power Station - Quick Fly Around - #10 by milkmanchris

Try manually repeating the exact same shot every day - exact same location/height/heading/tilt - to create a time-lapse.

All sorts of reasons. :wink:

1 Like

PS: Nice avatar! :+1: :wink:

1 Like

Mine’s the Pro not Air, but regardless Litchi is Amazzzzing. You can plan your route in advance, smoothly panning across multiple points of interest. Any video footage I’ve got worth using has been using Litchi.

1 Like

Hi @facherty and welcome aboard mate, glad you could join us!

Thanks!

Hi Andrew / @facherty - I saw your post about VLM over on …. that other place.

In relation to using POI and camera accuracy, have a look on this post : Some notes on using Litchi : which has some related info, that relates to camera pitch exactly as it does to camera direction as it passes POIs.

There’s also this thread : Litchi chit-chat … What’s Litchi? Should I use Litchi? : that does what it says on the tin, but also contains snippets of useful info.

:wink::+1:

Ahhh someone close by :slight_smile: my test flight was braidhills in the quarry… was bit windy to try anywhere else… :smiley:

Natts
Thanks for the call out.
My first flights outside my garden were in Braidburn Park, Fairmilehead Park and Colinton Park, but I moved to Braid Hills for my first extended flight. You can see the results in Mavic Air, Litchi and Waypoints - YouTube, where you will note that I too have a Mavic Air.
Quite happy to meet up sometime, exchange views of the kit we have, and share tips. Send me a direct message if you are interested.
Best wishes,
Andrew