Hello from South Manchester

Hi from South Manchester, been flying drones for about 4 years now, first built my own racing drone but spent more time retrieving it, would have been easier to get a dog.
Thought there must be an easier way so I bought a DJI Spark learnt how to fly with the spark great beginner drone, then I got the Mavic Air which gives me more flying time so I can hopefully get some good photos and videos.

7 Likes

Hey there, welcome to the club :handshake:

Hi John / @Johnnyflyguy, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the Mavic Air … so you are amongst good company. A great little camera on that drone, too.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Hi from a sunny windy Wigan :slight_smile:

Fellow Air owner here. I lived and worked in Manchester for ten years. Lived in Stockport but most of the time in Chorlton or Whalley Range.

1 Like

Hi from a windy, wet, miserable Norfolk !.
(the bump of England)

Ho @Johnnyflyguy, just down the road from you in M33, let me know if you want to meet up when the weather improves!

Welcome and South Mancs was, loosely, my stomping ground as a nipper as I grew up (until age 5) i Timperley and learned to swim in Altrincham baths.

Hi from up the road in Cumbria, I started with phantom 3std but found it to big if going on a fair walk. So I got the Air which is a lot more portable, great little drone.

1 Like

Hi and welcome.

Thank’s for a warm welcome.

3 Likes