Hello from Southend, Essex

Hi everyone,

Thank you Rich for the invite, look forward to sharing what very little i do know, i have had my Mavic 2 Pro about 3 weeks now and still experimenting and waiting for the right video / picture before sharing, i do have a couple of early photos that i will share a little later when i get home from work, all criticism is welcomed however bad or good.

Speak soon
Dan

1 Like

Hi Dan / @Booney, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

An ever increasing number of our members also own the M2P, several also having the Smart Controller… so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

Hi Daniel, and welcome to GADC.
Several of our members down your way, including the local Lifeguards( I seem to recall a member called Tony at Chalkwell Beach.)
Good choice of drone, just give yourself space to play around and find a good spot to practice.

1 Like

Hi @Booney and welcome to Grey Arrows!

Glad you could join us Dan :smiley:

1 Like

Welcome aboard, great choice of drone too

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome, as promised i have just posted a few photos in the daily photo thread admittedly the first 2 were taken in Auto as it was my first flight i wanted to grasp piloting the drone over photography, the 3rd photo was taken manually in RAW and had a little processing done to it, and the last 2 were taken in manual with ND filters… i went a little over board and got a little too excited with filter shopping lol

My favourite photo’s have always been long exposure so i bought DJI’s filter set then i went and bought PolarPro’s ND64 on its own and then bought PolarPro’s cinematic filter set ND128 ND256 and ND1000… please don’t tell my wife :joy::rofl::innocent:

2 Likes

Don’t worry your secrets safe with us !!..

HOY !, MRS FULLER !, HE’S BEEN SPENDING THE HOUSEKEEPING AGAIN !!

2 Likes

Hi Daniel welcome to GADC

1 Like

Welcome Daniel,
I hope you enjoy the forum.

1 Like

Welcome Daniel

I have a Mavic 2 pro and am still finding new flying modes to try after nearly a year of owning it. I’ve just added a Crystalsky monitor and the novelty of not having to use of phone or tablet anymore hasn’t worn off yet :slight_smile:

Happy flying mate.

2 Likes

I was more impressed with the novelty of being able to see the screen on a CS, instead of a reflection of either my mush or the sky above me when using a regular phone or tablet :rofl:

1 Like

I actually find it is too bright sometimes - some people are never pleased :-:smile:

2 Likes