Hello from Stoke-on-Trent

Hello,

I’m Jamie, just finished University and a newbie pilot getting into drone flying with the DJI Mini 2 - only a couple of test flights so far to practice. Many of my Google searches have lead me to the GADC and it’s been a great help, so I thought I would join and get involved. I may be moving to Germany towards the end of the year but would like to take as many opportunities as possible to get out there flying :slight_smile:

I’ve been checking out the ‘Where to Fly?’ page of your website but would welcome any suggestions for areas to fly around Stoke-on-Trent, the midlands and North West of England. I’ve eyed up areas in the Peak District but I am aware of the difficulties that there may be to fly in National Trust places - so if anyone has any advice or experience here it would be much appreciated!

Thanks and nice to meet you,
Jamie

2 Likes

Hi Jamie, and welcome to GADC. There are areas to fly but it’s getting harder to find areas where you wouldn’t get into trouble in S.O. T area.

1 Like

Hi Jamie

Welcome. There are good places to fly a bit south on Cannock Chase.

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Thank you for the welcome, I’m happy to travel far afield for some good places and thanks for the suggestion @SteveB!

Also there are a lot of canals in our area. Take off from the towpaths and you can get some stunning shots.

Steve

1 Like

Hi @HavocHedgehog and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

Where To Fly Your Drone in the UK

Find places to fly your Drone (UAV) in the UK and share your favourite flying locations with other hobbyists pilots.

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

1 Like

Welcome Jamie enjoy the madhouse :rofl:

1 Like