Hello…from the East Midlands

Newbie from the East Midlands. My names Simon and Looking for any knowledge and help along the way.

Hoping to get out with my mini2 and show a bunch of great places the UK and Beyond have to offer.

hey welcome there is a couple of us from Nottingham and east mids area :slight_smile: theres a few that meet up time to time so should look out for that too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mate and welcome, Im in Derby and happy to help if I can…

1 Like

Hi @RoadTripSimon and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

Where To Fly Your Drone in the UK

Find places to fly your Drone (UAV) in the UK and share your favourite flying locations with other hobbyists pilots.

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi Simon and welcome to GADC.

Thanks

Hi Simon, welcome. I’m in Horsley Woodhouse, lived in Chad as a kid and often travel in to Derby. I tend to fly in the Peak District in the early morning but I’m always looking for new places. One gets a bit tired of green hills after a while. If you fancy meeting up anytime just drop me a line. Cheers Steve

Appreciate that Steve. I know what you mean about green hills and trees. Nothing more I like than getting to the coastline or any kind of water to be honest. Just a great reset for me.

Have a great weekend

Good Afternoon all,

New east midlands based owner here, just looking to see if anyone still meets up to fly close to Castle Donington at all?

regards

Dave

welcome also be a ttad bit hard to fly rtound castrle donnington, as the FRZ (airportt)_ etc

Thank you and yes I don’t plan on flying anywhere around here but just trying to meet any like minded pilots that’s not too far away for a get together etc.