Hello from the Lincolnshire fens

Hi all thanks for adding me. In new to all this so be prepared for loads of questions. I’m not a photographer, just a self confessed gadget geek, and I’m blown away with the quality of images I’ve seen on here. Any tips for reading or YouTube material to learn the basics on the photography side would be gratefully received. I bought a second hand Mavic mini and had it out 3 or 4 times in the fields near home. Have to choose carefully tho has I’m close to RAF Coningsby although I did a little bit of flying at Sutton on sea earlier in the week. From watching back my videos I know I have a lot to learn, but having fun anyway.

2 Likes

Hi @DiscoDarren and welcome to GADC.

Hi and welcome to GADC, great site with loads of help available and make use of the little search icon top right for previous topics and questions others have asked , don’t forget to add yourself to the members map to help finds others close to you and places to fly on the Where to fly my drone page. As for YouTube help check out Ian in London he has lots of useful videos on there , he is a member here under same name @ianinlondon really knowledgeable and helpful guy. The more you use this site the access you get and the better your experience will be. So welcome on board and have fun.

Hi and welcome

You live in a beautiful part of the country for flying. You’ll find all the advice and help you require here​:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Welcome to the club. I identify myself with what you said. I am also a self confess gadget geek.

A lot of us are not photographers, just enjoying flirting and taking photographs. It’s all about learning and having fun.

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice, I have watched a couple of videos on the channel you mentioned which I found useful. As for pinning the map i think I’ve made a hash of it and can’t seem to find a way to edit it. It shows me in the middle of a field near woodhall spa, which is about 8 miles from where I am in billinghay, but not to worry. Hope the RTH on the drone is better. Lol.

1 Like

Yes he does some great videos with lots there to watch. As for the pin I think it moves you a bit to protect you exact location but im sure one of the moderators can help if needed but near enough is good enough as you say its the RTH that counts and as a good thing to check that every now and again lol. Keep having fun and as my mentor told me go fly the arse off it lol.

1 Like