Hello from West Sussex

Hi everyone, I have been a member for a few weeks now but waited to say “hello” until I had managed to move from toy to a real drone! It has been really helpful reading through the topics over the time.

I am now the proud owner of a Mavic Air. I flew it for the first time yesterday at a free flying lesson from the company I bought it from, and well worth it for me anyway.

I live on the West Sussex / Hampshire border near the coast and looking for good sites to do more ‘training’ flights.

Also a keen photographer, hence why I pushed for the Air instead of the Spark.

1 Like

My first drone photo - beautiful day in Hampshire

4 Likes

Hi @BrianB and a belated welcome to Grey Arrows :smiley:

Mavic Air, great bit of kit! I’m trying to convince a family member to invest in the very same.

What’s it like to fly compared to your “toy drone”?

Welcome once again :smiley:

Hi Brian welcome to the mad house

@PingSpike and @sparkman999 thanks for the welcome guys :+1:

Totally different @PingSpike worlds apart , but guess you know that already! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi Brian
I did the same, I had a toy and spent more time picking it up than flying, then a friend in India showed me the Mavic Pro, I could hardly believe how easy it was to fly compared to the toy, so got one here when I returned from my trip to india.
Phil

I still can’t beleive how great it is to fly :grinning:

3 Likes

Hi Brian i live in west sussex to and find it difficult to get a quiet place to get airborne, however for you Bosham at low tide is on my agenda to try. Once you get confident you can fly at more restricted places but its still difficult to find them without people being near by. Cissbury and chanctonbury are great places, need a hike to get there though. Being retired i avoid weekends!

Hi @brilock1. I know what you mean. I have a lot of coastal options but as a beginner, I want to do a bit more practicing above land rather than water!
I try to go out early morning when less people about.

Bosham is close to me and has a few options where it is easy to fly from away from people. I also moved to a different spot when I changed battery, which worked well.

Maybe we could get a West Sussex meet going!

Thanks brilock1 never thought of flying there,My dad used to have a pub in Bosham,the old house at home,Think i may have a look for somewhere round there or maybe even Prinsted.:+1:t2::+1:t2::smiley:

Hi Brianb and welcome to G.A.D.C! You wont regret getting a dji,they are very popular for a reason,as i found out :+1:t2::+1:t2::sunglasses:

Here’s my pics from first flight at Bosham

@FIREFOX Prinsted would be a good location as well as Chiham, but be mindful of restrictions around Thorney Island as it is operational MoD site.

Chidham!

Yes,i stand corrected,Chidham lol:+1:t2::grinning::grinning:Happy Flying:grinning: