Hello I'm new - from Farnborough/Hampshire

Hello.

I’ve just found this forum. An a good knowledge of people. I’m Christian. The drones I own are

• DJI Mini 2
  • DJI FPV

I currently use the https://drone-tweaks.com iOS Fly App to enable FCC mode. Because I was forced to to update the firmware on the drones which meant a permanent FCC mode a no-go. But the https:///drone-tweaks.com modified FlyApp appears to get round this

I use my drones for recreation purposes, capturing good landscaping videos with the Mini2 and then use the FPV for the immersive flight experience.

I’m in the Farnborough/Hampshire area where finding legal/safe fly zones can be a bit of trek.

Just here to talk to like minded individuals.

Regards
Christian

1 Like

Hi Christian and welcome to GADC :+1:

Hi @Christian and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!

Hi Christian - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

Hello.

Thank you all for the welcome. I’m in the process of adding myself to the map. Thank you kindly for the link too!

Got into flying drones about 2 months ago. I initially purchased the drone hacks license. But I couldn’t get that to work and feared I’d bricked by DJI FPV. So, I shall definitely be searching the forum of why I the drone-hacks failed.

Incidentally, I’ve seen some silly things on YouTube before I invested in Drones. Namely, some silly person trying to land his DJI Mini 2 on water with landing struts made out of foam! My gosh!