Hello - newbie from Romsey! First time!

Hello all,

I’m excited to be a proud drone owner (or will be when it arrives in a few days time). Inspired by the videos I’ve seen and reviews of the Mini Pro 3, I’ve gone for it and got one coming soon. Can’t wait to give it a go. I went for the model due to the travel friendliness and weight / less restrictions etc

I already own a DJI Pocket 2 camera and love it, and have made some lovely footage with it, so the drone is the next natural progression. I’m going on holiday at the end of September so thought I’d get a couple of weeks practice in before I go.

I’ve got some really newbie question - I’ve seen TOAL mentioned? What does that stand for and what does it mean?

If the bird is 249g and I put a sticker on with the operator id, unless the sticker is < 1g than won’t that go into > 250g category? Also I have some ND filters and won’t the weight of those go over 250g?

I’m looking to do some exploring of familiar places in Romsey, Hampshire where I have been for the last 20 years so a drone will give a new level excitement to views from a different viewpoint.

I’ve got my 2 year Dji Care as I’ve never flown before and thought it wise and once the bird arrives will get the Operator Id sorted. I’ll also do the FlyerId although I know it’s not needed for the Mini Pro 3 but to keep safe.

Any local enthusiasts got tips of locations near Romsey would be welcome

Thanks
Tim

1 Like

Hi Tim welcome from the Black Country.

TOAL: Take Off And Landing

Welcome to GADC @timm2006 :slight_smile:

Take Off And Landing

Yup, 249+1 is definitely 250 on my calculator :blush:

If they weigh more than 1g then yes to this one too.

Check out Drone Scene :smiley:

Welcome Tim :+1:

Yes. But coppers don’t carry around jeweller’s scales in the back pocket. So no-one would bat an eyelid at a few grams over.

1 Like

Hi Tim - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

On the Mini 3 you have to remove the lens cover and replace it with the ND filter - the DJI and Freewell filters weigh the same as the removed cover - so no change in weight :+1: :+1: :+1:

Welcome to GADC. I’m a newbie too and live in Totton. Maybe when we’ve both gained some experience, we can meet up

@timm2006 welcome

Welcome Tim to GADC :clap: :clap: