Hello to anyone in Norwich, Norfolk

I got two of them, as they were so cheap !

1 Like

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Owoda-Foldable-Parabolic-Extender-Controller/dp/B071NDFZSZ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1534070900&sr=8-1&keywords=antenna+reflector+for+spark

thanks yes i will have to get one of those singnal rangers also. Do you fly in UK mode CAA or usa FCC?

I think you’ll find its locked in CE Mode, you have to use a Hack tool to get it into FCC Mode.
It basically switches it from 2.4Ghz into 5.8Ghz, giving longer range

have u put yours in FCC modes? mine is set to 5.8 ghz

1 Like

Not sure of the Spark setup, I know on the Mavic Air they are set to 2.4 ghz, the Mavic Pro uses Lightbridge, which has greater range.
I have had massive range out of the Mavic Pro (with a spotter with binoculars)

there is a App for android which will allow you to change your location temporarily, then change setting to FCC on the drone.
Then change location back to UK and whallah!
its called “Floater”
It tells your phone (e.g.)that you are in the middle of the Navada Desert, when you are not !

so is your mode CE or FCC?

also, make sure when you fly, that your phone is set to Airplane Mode.
If not it will interfere with signal to the Spark

“Fake GPS” for Android, too, allows the same.

1 Like

yep, @OzoneVibe , forgot about that one !

1 Like

Personally, never tried either of them, although they are on my phones/tablets

1 Like

Finger x, I am going to fire up my old Phantom Vision2 + !!!

By the way @Dougie, @MikeO lives not far from you, Dereham.
Where are you Mike?, have not heard from you in a while?.
Mavic Pro coming in handy on your travels.
Last time we spoke you were off on a wild trip across America, with something “throbbing” between your legs ! LOL
Been yet?, or still over there !

I got my spark from USA. website called slrhut. It was alot cheaper and its basicly a grey import. it costed me ÂŁ339 with drone and controller :slight_smile: It shipped from california. i had to wait 40 minuets before i could reply as wesbite said i sent to many comments lol

1 Like

you may want to join this group, handy info on your Spark as well

@Dougie, keep your cable as one piece, without going into adaptors.
And as short as you can get !, this will ensure good video feed to your phone, so that the picture does not break up, or the signal to the drone.
I use my Ipad Air 2 ,when I have the chance too, I set it on top of a old tripod, in a tablet holder, gives a great picture view of your flight, and makes controlling the drone much easier.
Oh, and I would def recommend some sort of sunshade for your phone, pig to see in bright sunshine !

1 Like

@chrisjohnbaker “I know on the Mavic Air they are set to 2.4 ghz”

Mine is set at 5.8 as default but you can change between both matey

i think my spark was original FCC but when i got it said something about wrong area so i think it got changed to CE. I have not changed it back to FCC yet cos i was a bit worried it did it wrong and then it just flys away. shouls meet all up and can give tips. I have a 3d printer and have printed some stuff for my spark. Battery holder. Also I printed a phone holder for my remote which is better than having to put the phone inside the remote controller. I find than when i put the phone in the remote controller i cannot get to the phone very well. I also made a homemade sun shedaround the controller.

2 Likes

The 3D printer sounds good, you would make a good bob or two on here if you can find the file for the Strobon Cree light mounts for the Mavic Pro/Air that encloses thelight and attaches to the front leg.
I would think your Drone was almost certainly set to FCC, especially as it comes from the USA.