Hello! 🙂 Wirral landscape project help?

Hi my name is Nicole, thanks for having me on the forum!

I am originally from Manchester, my Grandma lived on the Wirral in West Kirby since I was little so I have a lot of fond memories of the Wirral coast line and have been fascinated by the landscape there. It is amazing to see the videos and photos which have been uploaded here!

I am now doing my university graduation project on the salt marshes at Parkgate and how the landscape has changed, and the salt reserves of the Cheshire basin. I would love to capture some footage of the salt marshes for my research but unfortunately I do not have access to a drone myself (student budgets!). I thought maybe a local drone enthusiast on the Wirral might be interested in helping me out for a few hours and capturing some footage together. Drone perspectives are so unique and tell the story of the landscape in a way which can’t be captured with regular cameras!

I’ll be visiting my parents on the Wirral in Leasowe in March - if there is anyone out there who might be interested in helping me I’d be very interested in chatting more about drone possibilities in the area :slightly_smiling_face:

Wishing everyone a great weekend,
Nicole

3 Likes

Welcome to Grey Arrows Nicole, I am sure there will be plenty of folks able to help out, although the marshes are covered with a SSSI, so depending on the tie of year it mat not be possible to fly…

Hi @Nj103 and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Looking for Public Liability Insurance? Then look no further, we offer £5,000,000 worth of cover to our Insured Members. Details of our insurance can be found at:

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene and please feel free to add locations of your own too :smiley:

Interested in becoming a member of our Club? Read about all the benefits of membership at:

Wondering whether you can fly a particular model of drone under particular circumstances? Check out Good 2 Go where you’ll soon find the answer :blush:

Have you seen our Members Map? You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the Questions & Answers category.

Our Associates are able to enjoy a lot of great services for free but our Members are eligible for a whole lot more! Read all the details about our Membership Benefits?

And finally, if you are new to drones and wondering what it’s all about, have a look at Resources for a beginner.

Welcome once again!

Hello, thanks a lot for you reply and for this info - I will look into it further, …very new to drones and their regulations!

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Nicole - welcome to GADC :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hello Nicole, I’m an experienced drone flyer who lives on the Wirral and would be happy to help, I was actually at Parkgate the other week during the last big Spring tide.
I’m also interested in the changes happening along this coast from Burton round to Hoylake.

That whole area is indeed an SSSI however there are options.

Feel free to message me if you’d like to discuss possibilities.

Cheers,
Paul

3 Likes

Hello Paul, thanks a lot for your generous offer - sounds great!

I am still figuring out how to use the platform and can’t seem to find the option to send you a message - maybe you could message me and we can discuss from there?

Thanks a lot, Nicole

Hi Nicole,

I have also unsuccessfully tried to find a way of sending a direct message.

Maybe someone could let us know how it’s done.

Cheers,
Paul

@Nj103 @Thompson

Unfortunately, Direct Messaging is one of the functions that’s reserved for Members / Insured Members.

Details on Membership can be found here.

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying and adding the link with options.
I’ll join on the ‘member’ status.

1 Like