Help an Idiot

Can anyone help an idiot out?

I took a lovely 360 shot on my Air 2 on sunday and it looked great on my phone, I then went about my business doing a few more videos and pictures.

Now, I can’t find the “little planet” picture, I googled and that said it was stored to the internal storage so I plugged it into my laptop and there’s nowt there?

Do you have to download the stitched version whilst in flight or can it be retrieved afters?

Sorry for the silly question but I’m stumped.

Cheers,

Ted

I dont know about the air 2 but on the mini 2 they are saved in a seperate folder called panoramas, 27 pics for each. I save them directly from the card onto my pc, then use ptgui to stitch them.

Look in the media gallery in the app, they should be there (look for the little Earth icon)

You can then download them to your camera roll

1 Like

I’m going to presume all operating systems are the same, the M2P is different from the mini 2 and others, all your panoramic 360 will be visible as the above world icon🌐. I find to save the image/s you’ve created after the flight, whilst the drone is still turn on and remote on, save the image via download from the top right icon when you view the image, at the same time the dji app will stitch the images and save them to your sd card.
When you extract the card or view the card on which ever device you have, look for the camera file and inside that will be both your stills and panoramic in there relevant files.

The images will be flattened out 360 not always an actual little planet, again I’m not completely sure if the image is editable prior to loading up online via any other apps eg: Kuula.
I personally try to set up the shot so I don’t edit anything afterwards. If you edit afterwards prior to uploading to site the images won’t load as 360 and just remain flattened, unfortunately it’s a trial by error to you find your setup.
There’s lots of knowledgeable folks here to help you

Thanks so much you guys…

errrr…

It turns out that you need to remember to put your SD card back in the drone, before trying to find the pano… :joy:

Told you I was an idiot!

1 Like

Lol it’s a learning curve we’ve all been through. Save the created images after each successfully flight to your SD card as a back up . Each file will be visible as a flattened 360 in your stills folder…
The panoramic folder will hold all the images taken in separate individual folders. You can use free version of Kuula to upload your images for that app to stitch everything together, save and upload to here or save in a tours folder to share later. Good luck😉

1 Like

Cheers @Dren - Every day is a school day :laughing:

1 Like

Your in the right place for free help

Kulua does not stitch anything, it only displays already stitched panoramas

1 Like

There you go I’m still learning too

2 Likes

If it’s any help I’ve found the stitched panos are in these locations for Android. Obviously G7 ThinQ has to be changed for your phone type. Really well hidden. These are only low res images. About 2mb as opposed about 10mb if the same images are stiched in PTGui.

DJI Fly app ( Go v5)

This PC\G7 ThinQ\Internal storage\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\DCIM\OriginalFiles\PanoPhoto

Crystalsky and Android

\DJI\dji.go.v4\CACHE_IMAGE (could be labelled “screen”)

1 Like