Help - meteor75

Nothing at all? What exactly happened?

Good point, if you had it on before with Bluejay, then you probably want it off when going back to BlHeli-S, since it does not support it.

1 Like

You could try turning off Bidirectional Dshot to see if it makes a difference but that feature is one of the main reasons to flash BlueJay as Bidirectional Dshot is not available in blheli-S as I understand it?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/dCNXz_qgND4

An actual real instance of roflmao occurred whilst viewing that.

yeah this came with blujay, and not sure if I turned on BiDir DShot or not, but it’s on now. Quad also came with 4.3 pre early release. This thing flips out on turns etc. I’ll refer to the original dump and diff later.

@cst3x6 tried a different USB cable? Although if a motor isn’t spinning that’s weird… We have the same AIO here though refer to my settings maybe?

Does it beat my 5 inch’s Game of thrones, or my babyhawks never gonna give you up?! (TBH the list on esc configurator is limited!)

TBH I wanna get it to sound like the coffee maker :wink: that’s mean…

Desync… Motor stalling. There’s stuff you can do… I tried it all on mine that did the same, none of it worked.

The solution was to buy brand new Xing2 motors for the quad rather than use the grotty old Racerstar ones I got for free.

That was as mine came. I’ve updated to 0.16 on ESCs, and 4.3 RC7 on the FC. Will do the real 4.3 tonight, and get this thing working… grrr!

No… if given the choice either of those is better…

Just stayed in place with all motors spinning…

@gunja99
You say that blujay esc settings are stock on your quad? What quad is it?

If you notice mine, it comes with the O-H-5 and if you look in betafpv 's support page for this FC the esc is a custom one O_H_5_48_REV16_8.HEX (no file link unfortunately, but I asked if they could provide me with that file, lts see if they reply)

Regarding DSHOT, I was running 600… It was running fine as it was, but the little devil was tempting to mess with it… fh

Did it even throttle up?

Yes… but bi-directional? It’s a checkbox… but only works on BLHeli32 or BlueJay

Well darwin Tiny Ape is the wuad, and they state it’s their own 4in1. Was definately blujay never had BLHeli S on it. It’s an ELRS AIO, assume BetaFPV made it for them?

Ahhh just looked at the defaults… Bi Dir off, and running 600… that’s off the website above. Not sure we’ve got identical AIO, but similar?

set dshot_idle_value = 400
set dshot_burst = AUTO
set dshot_bidir = OFF
set dshot_bitbang = OFF
set dshot_bitbang_timer = AUTO
set use_unsynced_pwm = OFF
set motor_pwm_protocol = DSHOT600

LOL

I just plugged in new batteries and tried firing it up again and it worked fine now… go figure
Maybe it was motor orientation after all…

@gunja99
It must be a different board, bc mine is 1s…

The blujay settings are stock but I did update the version (and now the melody)

And if it has the ICM gyro @cst3x6 make sure you have at least rc7 on there!

If its desyncing you can try adjusting esc settings (I had to do some playing around with the esc settings for the ‘Snail’) Try Demag Comp to High, lower Rampup power (but not too low as motors might not spin or might stutter on arming). Also have you got a capacitor installed on the quad? Could also try adjusting Motor Timing a little lower

Cheers. Dunno when will get a chance to fly and test these that’s the issue. Should have flown it Saturday!! Instead you got me to try speed runs lol

We’re not 100 percent sure it is de sync. How do you know if it is?

1 Like