Help - meteor75

Do you have a black box log or even DVR footage?

Actually on the 4.3 release already :wink:

After messing with it the whole day, this was one of the things I triedā€¦

Apparently on github there is a version of the stock hex for my esc;sā€¦ but donā€™t know how to download that. Can I just copy the content to a text file and rename it?

Right click on ā€œrawā€ and choose ā€œsave link asā€

1 Like

Great stuff!!
As you can imagine, Iā€™m not very familiar with using githubā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

This :point_up:t2: You want to check the blackbox log for motor stalling

No black boxā€¦ Out of interested do you just wire an SD card thingy to a UART for that, as I have (for a reason I have no idea why) an SD card reader/writer for an arduino in front of meā€¦ Will dig out the DVR later, and see if can get online to see. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll have DVR footageā€¦

When it freaks out does it spin/roll uncontrollably before falling out the sky?

Yes. Pretty much that on turns. Will find some DVR footage

Edit: Found some, uploading to youtube now

So, itā€™s a little quad, right? So you probably want to use the onboard flash black box, assuming the FC has one. It probably doesnā€™t.

If not then you need an external oneā€¦ I have one of these on my Badger and it works.

Itā€™s a bit big for a tiny quadā€¦ hence saying DVR footage.

Flashed the ā€œstockā€ ESC firmware and all continues to work.

I noticed form the other firmware that the ā€œStartup powerā€ and ā€œmotor timingā€ (0.5 and Medium respectively) were lower than stock (1.5 and High respectively). This surely contributed to a lag for the motors to start spinningā€¦ I set it as 1.5 and Medium high for nowā€¦ Might go back to them eventually to try and get a bit more efficiency out of the batteriesā€¦

thx all for the help!!

1 Like

Hereā€™s the footage

Skip to 1:50 if you want to see the issues. Watch with no sound as itā€™s awful! Also the video feed there is weird, same quad in fields is fine! I was doing simple circuits to see how it wasā€¦

Also what the hell does OMW on LQ mean?! lol ā€œOh My Wordā€ itā€™s low?!

Also excuse the balance lead at top of video, lol

Yeah that looks like a desync to me. No idea what OMW means lol RSSI is to do with your control link strength

Heh yeah know LQ and RSSI are the ELRS quality and Signal strength. only ever seen OMW on one.

OK itā€™s desync so can look into that :wink:

Do you have a capacitor on that quad? Electrical noise can cause desyncs too

Itā€™s not the same as my desyncā€¦ I canā€™t see how the motor stalls on such a gentle turn. Usually its a roll.

I note the throttle % drops as it goes crap. Is that you or something else? LQ, etc is fine.

The RSSI DBM is the one above the LQā€¦ Iā€™m not sure what the one in the bottom left is.

In lieu of a black box I note that you can put ā€œmotor diagnosticsā€ on the OSD, which will tell us what Betaflight thinks each motor is doingā€¦ thatā€™s the info we wanted from the black box.

Another one, Iā€™m doing one more tooā€¦

1 Like

Okā€¦ so no throttle reduction before it starts to spin out thereā€¦

Just found this from UAVTech which goes through blheli S setting (which is different to blheli 32) he says to drop Startup Power (which is blheli S equivalent to the Rampup Power I suggested above). Its worth trying as takes seconds and if it works happy days