Help stitching pano please

Obviously, so why on earth does it not give access to that metadata?

And the question still remains, if dji are refusing to embed their metadata or put it in an open format, why on earth do they not provide a tool for users to use the full res images?

Like every company gives away all it’s closely guarded secrets that keep them ahead of the competition.
:rofl:

And in any case - nothing else works on pano images in that manner to make use of it.

Staying ahead of the competition would mean not crippling the panorama mode!

Or someone could write one

I miss hangar.

1 Like

I meant if they have proprietary position/angle metadata.

Hi
I know this is an old thread but I have just tried to do a Pano.

The images are in DNG and does anyone know a good(free) batch convertor to JPG?

Moved your post over to this more current thread on Pano Stitching.

Lightroom is probably the easiest way to convert them … being software that many already have.

That can also stitch the images for you - although some have had issues with that with the images from a few drones.

Are you on Mac or Windows - since, besides LR and PS, that will influence the answers.

And which drone are the images from?

Hi from my M2Z I had ethe settings set to 4K + Raw and the all were saved as DNG’s which Kuula does not recognize.

As you say, Dave, there are some issues with Lightroom. I have to use the boundary warp slider to fill in the corners, which leaves a join line right across.

Kuula does not stitch, its purely a hosting site for the finished pano

As Chris says … Kuula only hosts the stitched 360 image.

You didn’t mention if you were on Mac or Windows.

Also - do you have Lightroom?

1 Like

Its Windows and no I do not have lightroom. Hence looking for Free… or open source

1 Like

Darktable and RawTherapee

Thanks I’ll try them

Image Converter - from the MS Store (Free) does an excellent batch conversion of the DJI DNG files.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/image-converter/9pgn31qtzq26?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Once converted, MS’s ICE (Free) (Image Composite Editor) does a superb job of stitching the panorama images into a single image.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52459

1 Like

Thanks I also found PhotoscopeX in the Microsoft store and it seems to have done the conversios fine. I am just now trying to figure out Kuula. Got all the images uploaded but having a mental block on the next step. Cant think doing dry Jan…

As has already been mentioned a couple of times in response to your post…

Kuula does not stitch, it’s purely a hosting site for the finished pano

Hence why I mentioned ICE for stitching.

Also look at this thread : Interactive 360 Panoramas - How To Post on GADC

2 Likes

Got it thanks for you help.