Hi all in need of fc advise 🤦‍♂️

Hi there I am planning a build using dji air or caddx and crossfire. it is going to be a 7in using inav I want a flight controler with barometer so I can use pos hold ect if anyone has experience with such beast it would be great to hear from you thanks for reading :+1:

1 Like

@Steviegeek is your guy hes an iNav Guru! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Thanks mate I’ll check it out :+1:

1 Like

Matek F722-SE is a good choice especially if using individual ESCs
Check the iNav GitHub hardware page it lists all FC’s that are supported.
@notveryprettyboy advocates the Holybro Kakute range, they are very capable also.

2 Likes

Great stuff I’m glad you mentioned esc as I was wondering on that as well, my intention is to get the best flight controler I can afford and build out from there would you recommend that approach, it will be my first long-range build so any advice is greatly appreciated :+1:

1 Like

As @Steviegeek already suggested, I ran iNav on a Matek FC, I used an F722-STD with an FCHUB-6S PDB and separate ESCs. DJI worked well minus some OSD gripes (with iNav you want quite a lot on display!). Was very smooth though beware how you mount the FC to prevent vibrations. I did have some trouble with the Matek GPS, but eventually solved it, and have yet to get my hands on a light sensor for testing.

2 Likes

You could start here…

2 Likes

Actually also range, but that was a simple fix with different antennas. Just mentioning here as you mentioned the cost and I vaguely remember cursing at the cost of them, something like £65 for 4x stubbies for headset and one for the drone. Also remember most DJI stuff is LHCP.

1 Like

Thanks all that’s been very helpfull and it’s given me a bit of insight. I will look forward to seeing your build video as well :+1:

1 Like