Hi from a Newbie in the north of Stoke on Trent

I have had a couple of toy grade drones/quads that have help me familiarise myself with flying small drones in the house, now I have a Fimi X8SE and wondered in anyone in the area can recommend safe locations for flying it under the current Drone Rules.

Any local RC clubs that accept Drone flyers.

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the family, I live in Newcastle. You don’t have to go far to find safe areas to fly.

Hi Jimvfrmoto750, which areas would you recommend/good to fly for a relative newbie to the scene?

Hi Phil / @Premierscfc, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A quick search of user profiled suggests you are possibly the first member to have a Fimi X8SE … but you are no less welcome because of that. :slight_smile:

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Greetings & welcome.

I’m in Nantwich.

Don’t know about clubs, but plenty of areas to fly safely around here - not that I’ve yet flown in most of them!!!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Phil.

Interesting way to start flying.
Enjoy the big outdoors!

Welcome to the group :+1::beer: