Hi from Accrington

Hi all. Complete novice here from Accrington. Took the plunge and bought a Mavic mini combo after months of looking around. Managed to take it out for an hour the other day and im well and truly hooked. Think it will be a great for me to start to learn about drones before i take the steps to get the mavic pro or mavic pro 2.

Anyone that’s up for a meet sometime, that would be great.
Thanks
Mat

4 Likes

Hi and welcome

1 Like

Hi Mat/ @Skinnymat, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

An ever increasing number of our members also own the Mavic Mini … so you are amongst good company.

Also, there are a number of our members in your neck of the wood. If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Hi May welcome to the club

1 Like

Welcome mat, enjoy your stay. :handshake:

1 Like

Sorry couldn’t resist, after writing it.

Welcome to the group Mathew, your definitely in good hands here :+1:t4:

3 Likes

Welcome to the group @Skinnymat :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Welcome Mathew,
Sorry not near you to meet up, but many others are.
I hope you hear from them soon.

1 Like

Welcome to GADC, Matthew!

1 Like

welcome , im in Bolton and have 3 sites very close to me . if you want to meet just message me

1 Like

Hey all. Very new drone enthusiast here, only just picked up my first drone which is the dji mini 3 Pro and only just set up, yet to do my maiden flight as working all week but hopefully now all sorted, I should be able to get it out at weekend. Hope you’re all well and any tips and tricks are very welcome. Also in Accrington so looking for good places to fly.

Steve

Hi @JoeB54321, and welcome to Grey Arrows :wave:t2:

Have you seen our members map? (Click the burger-menu in the top right) You may find some pilots living near you. Feel free to add yourself to the members map too :+1:t2:

We’re a well established club with many knowledgeable members so it’s very likely that any issues you come across will have been discussed here before. Our discussion forum has very powerful search features which should help you find what you need but if you get stuck you can post a new question in the #questions-and-answers category.

Looking for recommendations of places to fly? Check out our interactive map on Drone Scene - be sure to log in to gain access to the full suite of features and map layers:

And please feel free to add locations of your own too.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ as we’re quite different to other clubs and you’ll be eligible for some rather exclusive club discounts as your membership level increases :blush:

Welcome once again!