Hi from another newbie in East Yorkshire

Just got myself a Mavic Pro Platinum and had a few flights around my field but unfortunately I’m gonna have to send it back! Problem with the cooling fan!! So when it’s back hopefully we have some ok weather to try out some more of the special moves it can do! Really impressed apart from the fan!!

5 Likes

Welcome to Grey Arrows Rich @rib71 :smiley:

I read about your fan woes on the MP site recently, was the outcome that the cooling fan blade was actually catching? :thinking:

Are you sending it back to the retailer? Or to DJI?

Or, were DJI the retailer? :smiley:

1 Like

It’s the internal cooling fan that kicks in when the drone is indoors plugged into the laptop updating the firmware etc. I think it’s loose as when I pick it up and move it around the noise changes. I’ve flown it outside and it’s been fine but I guess it’s a risk and not one I’m prepared to take. Bought it from Amazon but it’s going back to DJi and they’re sending a replacement. Does mean I’ll be without for a few weeks.

1 Like

Hmmm…I’m curious now…

Any reason you’re not sending it back to Amazon for a replacement?

The reason I ask, by sending it back to DJI you’ll only be issued with a refurbished model, rather than a new replacement? :thinking:

They told me it would be a new one!

UPDATE…after a number of emails back and forth with DJI I’m told they don’t have any new ones in stock, so been back to Amazon and a new one will be delivered tomorrow, so fingers crossed…!

1 Like

Replacement just arrived!! I suppose I had better send it back!!

3 Likes

It’s been that way for quite some time now mate :slight_smile:

Glad you got a new one from Amazon :+1:t2:

1 Like

Ouch Richard,
What a pain, glad a new one has finally arrived!

1 Like

Welcome to the group

Glad to see your sorted

1 Like