Hi From Ashby de la Zouch

Hi all,

just joined up as i followed a link from google to the location map.

I’ll add a few locations i have had permission to fly from if i can work out how.

Chris

3 Likes

Welcome Chris. My family is in Coalville, but I’m up North. I’m always wondering where to fly when I visit so your input on places to fly will be welcomed by me.

1 Like

Welcome along, I used to go to college in Ashby, and in Coalville as it happens.

1 Like

Hi, Thanks steve. Quite a few places I have managed so far around the area, I do have permission to fly Bardon Hill Quarry too as i contracted there (day job not drones).
So far I have found Breedon-on-the-hill Church, Albert Village Lake and I am contacting Ashby Castle tomorrow to enquire. I’ve found a positive attitude and wearing a hi-vis has helped. So far i’ve only had one complaint (In Minehead from a pensioner), but even then i talked my way thorough and got them on side fairly quickly.
Sutton park was also a good flight, a bit of a drive but it was my old stomping ground many years ago so I couldn’t resist an aerial view of my childhood playground.
I’m not PFCO and very amateur, slowly learning but playing safe, happy for constructive criticism, my last video:

Had full permission to film whilst we were guests, and managed a quick flight from crown estate land (tidal plain) in Culross

1 Like

Thanks Pete,

Looking forward to getting more involved in drone flying now that i’ve had the P4 for a year now and barely used it! Found this forum through Dronescene via google, thought i would check it out.
I’m an immigrant to Ashby but been in the area for 10 years now and do enjoy it here.

Breedon on the hill church has been on my wish list for 4yrs. Never got round to it.

Welcome Chris,
Sad to hear how unused your P4 has been.

Hopefully we can inspire you to fly more!!
Have you checked on the map to see who is near you?

1 Like

Nice shots of, ‘Forrester Park Resort, Dunfermline’.

First time I have seen such extensive shots of a golf course!
Have you shown it to them?

1 Like

Welcome to the group hope you find it useful and don’t be afraid to ask questions no matter how basic they seem to be everyone has to learn and then progress from the knowledge

1 Like

Hi Chris / @cd928 , and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the P4P … so you are amongst good company.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Enjoying it so far, thanks for the welcome. I’m Guaranteed to ask dumb questions, but i promise to learn from the answers

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome, I have tried to use it more but weather and work have conspired again me. I’m going to have a look now and see who is around, be nice to fly with someone who knows what they are doing, Looking to move into this commercially eventually, but learning the ropes first

1 Like

Thanks Ozonevibe, great links. I’ll grab an hour during the week and check them out. Thanks for the welcome

1 Like

Very true

Hi Chris, from another Ashby flyer… This post just came up in my notification, are you still active in the area?

Hi Jonny, yes I’m still actively flying sometimes around Ashby but largely in Coventry at the moment.
Still flying the phantom and have a Mini 2