Hi from Atherton

Hi all, I’m Mercedes, hope you are all well, I have Juust signed up as I get my DJI Mavic pro tomorrow. I really cannot wait. Already registered for my operator ID and my flyer ID.

I’m from Atherton, quite close to Bolton. Hope their are other people from around here. Looking forward to getting know you all and get hints and tips on using my drone.

Mercedes xx

2 Likes

Hi @Mercy and welcome to GADC.

Good choice on the MP, lots of our members have it and have shared some great photos and videos from this tried and tested drone.

Take a look at, and perhaps add yourself to our members map. where you will find local folk who are always up for meets.

Looking for somewhere to fly, check out Drone Scene you can log in with your GADC details, its a great resource, all from our members flying experiences.

Most of all enjoy your stay with us, a great friendly bunch, don’t be afraid to ask any questions you may have

Hi @milkmanchris thank you very much for the warm welcome. I tried to add my name to the members map, it didn’t recognise atherton, I may have to try it again.

1 Like

1 Like

Hiya, welcome to GADC , it’s a fantastic site with loads a very helpful members with loads a good , honest advise .

2 Likes

Hi @Mercy and welcome to GADC.

2 Likes

Hi from 20mins up the road in Wigan :wave:t2:

1 Like

@PingSpike :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2: Hopefully once I get used to flying, be able to get tips On some good shoots.

2 Likes

Welcome to the madhouse and glad to hear you got a nice drone arriving soon did the same myself last year and it’s a great piece of kit, although I’m sure everybody will slap me down saying theirs is the best and I’m sure each of us are just happy to be part of this great hobby and team. You will get plenty of assistance along this new journey of yours :blush:

1 Like

Hi, I used to live in Atherton myself, now I’m over in Astley, also got Mavic Pro, you’re gonna love it! :grin:

1 Like

Have fun!

1 Like

Welcome. I’ve been here 12 months and it’s a great club and a fantastic resource of helpful and polite people.
I look forward to seeing what you get up to and if I can help, I will.

1 Like

Hi there. Thank you for the guidance. I’m still struggling with it, I have tried to do it on my iPhone via wifi and 4g, same on my Samsung tablet, and just tried on my windows PC all to no avail :pensive:

I really wanted to use this feature too, can anyone give me advise please.

You are missing the “on” on the end of “Athert”. :wink:

1 Like

I have even tried that as soon as I get past the T part the result box disappears.

Complete the “Atherton”. :wink:

@Pterodactyl

1 Like

Strange.

For me :

then :

1 Like

@Pterodactyl no worries probably sort itself sometime or another, thank you for your help. Hopefully have my MP around 6pm tonight, really looking forward to it.

2 Likes