Hi from barnsley

What first drones has anyone had and can recommend please.

1 Like

Hi Charles / @Charles1976, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to GADC, Charles hope that you find this forum useful, have you worked out how to put yourself on the members map yet?

Hi @Charles1976 welcome,

My first drone was the Mavic Mini and can’t recommend it enough. What sort of price are you willing to spend?

1 Like

I get the impression that the Mavic Mini is the new spark, don’t you?

2 Likes

Money not a massive issue rather get something that I can learn with but also future proof…

1 Like

Rabbit ings country park Barnsley quite local for me

1 Like

Has anyone got a tello

I started off by just jumping in the deep end and buying a Phantom 4, scared me to death to fly it so purchased a Spark to get my confidence up, a good move I must admit, just sold the Spark now and got the Mavic Pro to go with the P4, I fly the P4 with confidence now too lol, just have faith with the equipment and don’t run before you can walk but mainly enjoy it

1 Like

Could not agree more with that statement !.

1 Like

Hello and welcome, I would say meet up with some members local to you and see what you want before you commit.

2 Likes

Yes, but only really any good indoors.