Hi from Coventry!

Hi, I’m in Coventry… I did try to add my location to the members map, but I’m having a few problems, but I’ll persevere :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to GADC!

What was the problem you were having?

As I start to type “Coventry” the system offers various options … but once I get past the “t” all the options disappear… and even deleting characters does not get the options back … it seems once I have gone past a certain point, it won’t let me try again?? Does that make sense?

1 Like

Complete the whole word … it usually brings things back again when you get to the “y”.
(A rather quirky plugin used with the forum software. :man_shrugging:)

I did try that … I’ll log out and try again … it’s almost like you get one shot at it, then it won’t allow another ‘go’ … I’ll try to work it out :wink:

1 Like

Let us know if you get no joy. We’ll try and sort. :+1:

For info, I just tried again, and noticed that Coventry isn’t on the list (see screen shot)

For me, if I complete the whole word, the list comes back …

1 Like

I have just tried on my iPad, to see if that’s any better, but the list still disappears

Don’t let me take up all your Sunday morning … I’ll try on my Mac later :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the club Peter, good to have you on board. :handshake: hope you get your profile sorted. :ok_hand:

Thanks … I’m working on it … all I need now is a drone (plans currently scuppered by 3-months on furlough!!)

2 Likes

What drone do you have in mind?

Mavic Mini I think. I have been watching lots of YouTube videos, and for a beginner, it seems like a good choice :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Welcome. Few of us in and around Coventry :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks … with a bit of luck, we might bump into each other at some point in the future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome

As the resident fpv nutter can interest you in a crash course into the brilliance of flying upside down?

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the welcome!
I have a renewed respect for you FPV guys after I installed an FPV simulator/game on my phone. So far, I am bouncing between the walls and the ceiling whilst trying to fly through the gates!
Certainly, once this C19 craziness has calmed down, I’d be interested in having a look at how it’s all done.
All I need to do now is buy a drone and learn to fly it :crazy_face:
I’m going to be boring and get a DJI Mavic Mini I think … but this has been stalled by the financial impact of being on furlough for 3-months!!

Welcome to GADC mate from a fellow Coventrian!!

2 Likes

Welcome Peter to GADC, enjoy your time here, lots of experienced flyers to help you on your drone journey.

1 Like