Hi from Doncaster

Hiya. Nice to find a UK centric forum!

I’m in Yorkshire, about halfway between Doncaster and Selby. I’ve been flying drones for about ten years, but my first ‘serious’ drone was in 2014 when I got a Phantom FC40.

I own two Mavics, a Pro and an Air. The Air is my favourite. I was going to buy a Zoom this year, but I’m going for the A2 CotC so I’m going to wait until FJI release something that will comply after 2022.

6 Likes

Absolutely All those crazy thrill seeking Americans encouraging you to take huge risks and endanger lives that’s not what we want (well some of it we do we’re just not that keen to go to jail for it ! :joy:

Welcome this is a good place here at GADC

1 Like

Welcome @Lastrexking to the forum

1 Like

Hi Shaun / @Lastrexking, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A significant number of our members also own the Mavic Pro or Mavic Air … and several own both … so you are amongst good company.

There are still a few FC40 owners, too … and my P2/H3-3D/GoPro hails from 2013.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Hey, welcome to the forum, I live in York not too far away from you and have a Mavic Air, Mini and Spark

Give me a shout if you want to head out locally flying at any stage

Jason

2 Likes

Hi Shaun and a warm welcome to GADC from deepest, darkest N. E. Lincolnshire… :smiley:

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Selby/Goole here.

Always up for a meet.

2 Likes

Welcome to the club Shaun👌

1 Like

A warm welcome to the forum, you will find endless enthusiasm and a wealth of knowledge on here. I’m a relative newbie over in Warrington and I’ve learnt a lot since signing up.

1 Like

Where’s Lincolnshire is that in Scotland? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

:man_facepalming:
:+1:

Your on the map now :rofl: Had friends who lived in Lincoln Very flat from what I remember from our 2 or 3 visits Do they still fly the AWAX out from the AF base there on the right as you travel over that way?

Up here in N E Lincs we have the Lincolnshire Wolds which are anything but flat! :smiley:
Wolds Top is the highest point in the whole of Lincolnshire and is just north of the village of Normanby le Wold, at approximately 551 feet (168 metres) above sea level.

Other wold hills include:

• Castcliffe Hill - 456 feet (139 m)
  • Gaumer Hill - 423 feet (129 m)
  • Meagram Top - 190 feet (58 m)
  • Warden Hill - 371 feet (113 m)
  • Tetford Hill - 466 feet (142 m)
  • Hoe Hill - 417 feet (127 m).

Think they still fly AWACS out of RAF Waddington, but not been over that way for a while and don’t see them round here. Regularly have aircraft lining up overhead here in New Waltham for their bombing runs down the coast at Donna Nook.

1 Like

Hi Shaun,
Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to ze club @Lastrexking .

Im not too far from Doncaster, based around Retford, Notts. :+1: