Hi from East Cheshire

Welcome Mark you have joined a great website that has like minded people to share experiences with you.
For practicing use a local parl early morning before to many people are about, I used a local one to me Arrowe Park Wirral and never had anyone challenge me.
Look out for North West meets on here, we had one last weekend near Churk.

Thats really great - thanks and look forward to that

I often get over to Chester. Churk - rings a bell - I can’t remember - is that Pontcysyllte?

welcome @mandrake definitely picked the best forum, everyone really helpful and a backlog of post that are way better than google

If you’re coming from a photography background you’re similar to me and going to love the M2P

stay safe and have fun

1 Like

Hi and welcome @mandrake, I’m over in Stockport and fly at Tittersworth and Rudyard, done a few around Congleton, Holmes Chapel (always early doors) they are not far from you.
I will be flying Sat at probably Rudyard, but currently looking for new places as you do get bored, give me a shout if you would like to meet up as I’m always over that way when the weather is good to fly

Hi - thanks for the invitation - I will definitely take you up on that! I’m off on holiday to Pembroke next week, but will message you if ok when I’m back?
Great to chat with people who are going out there flying - this forum is great! - I bought the drone and then struggled to find places to fly. Itching to get out there! I’m very basic at this stage, but would love to pick up skills from advanced flyers.

1 Like

Hi @mandrake, yes do that when you are back, hope you are taking the Drone with you, some fab places down there in Pembroke I guess, I’m over to Wales on Tuesday, another one of my flying haunts Anglesey
Have a good holiday speak soon

Yes, hoping to find some out of the way and picturesque coastline to try out the drone. Should be quieter there now the main holiday season is over!
Look forward to making contact with you when I get back!!

1 Like

hi @mandrake

just a quick tip if you are flying near water with the M2P (sorry if teaching you to suck eggs)

Make sure you take off and get your RTH point more than 10m away from water or cliffs!

If you’re controller loses signal and you ae less than that away from takeoff the drone will just land where it is.

Make for funny viewing for spectators as pilot runs into water, not so much for pilot!

3 Likes

Hi @lee,
Good tip!

1 Like

Welcome Mark,
Seems like you have been well invited into the family.

I hope you have some great experiences.

Hi and welcome to the group of misfits :rofl:
If you look in your paper work from PFS, there is a pointer on taking off from a public footpath :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks guys for all the tips!

Very good point - and one I’d not considered - Thanks!!

me either until it happened to me, doh!