Hi From East Hertfordshire

Hi all. My first post.

I have been flying for nearly 18 months first with a DJI Spark, and this has now been recently joined by a Mavic 2 Pro. I fly with my son and buddy mostly Sundays, and we’re lucky to have a few good local spots to fly. It’d be great to hear from any other flyers who are interested in aerial photography and just the sheer pleasure of flying. We’re always looking for new locations and other flyers to maybe come along to one of our locations?

Ted

3 Likes

Hi Ted / @Ted_Maul, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

A good pair of drones, there! We’ve many Spark owners and an ever increasing number own the M2P, so you’re in good company.

There’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers if there’s anything you need to know.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the wood, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

(Don’t forget to add yourself to that map :+1: : How to add yourself to the Members Map )

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Welcome aboard!

Thanks Mr Vibe - I’ll take a look now! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Welcome from West Hertfordshire! I’m a fellow M2P owner. Slightly more tricky to fly over my way perhaps, as we seem surrounded by airports and aerodromes.

Looks like there might be some good spots out near Aylesbury & Tring. Waiting for better weather as it was a tad windy this weekend. Managed to get out today and left the Mavic to fly around my son whilst I was trying to teach him to ride a bike. Left my memory card at home for the first time ever but think I managed to get 20 mins or so on the internal card. Just no idea how to retrieve the footage yet :joy:

Hi Lozzer

It’s nice to hear from you. Weather and decorating stopped me from flying today. :unamused:
It’s a shame you’ve got air traffic restrictions in your locality. I’m extremely lucky to have one of my prime flying spots less than a mile away and it nearly always shows up free of restriction on NATS. Stansted and Luton airports are over 15 miles away. The only thing we have to worry about are Red Kites and extremely low flying police helicopters.

Hi @Ted_Maul and welcome to Grey Arrows mate - glad you could join us :+1:t2:

Quite a few M2P owners here now, looks like a great bit of kit :slight_smile:

:wink::raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

Welcome :+1:

Welcome Ted
:wave:

Don’t know about the M2P but with my Mavic Air I connect it to my Mac via USB, power up the drone and the internal memory shows up as an external drive. I can then move files the same as any other drive.

Cheers… I hadn’t spotted the USB slot initially but found it this morning so all sorted :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :ok_hand:

Hi Ted I just joined here myself (also from East Herts).

Cheers

Sully

Download it to your phone through the go 4 app. Go into editor and pick the shot you want, look to left of screen to see download button. Click once and wait. You will them find it in your photos. You can also add some music to it from the editor part.

Happy flying

Hi Sully. Welcome. Where do you fly?

Hi Ted - I just messaged you on Mavic Pilots I am PMS OR PMPS on that site or something similar (I lose track of my log in names and let the computer remember them for me!).

Cheers

Paul/Sully/PMPS/PMS

Cheers Paul, found it.